CD Finance Analyst
CD Finance Analyst
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx. Faced with the challenge of climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That’s why our purpose is ‘to make sustainable living commonplace”
At Unilever, Finance is about so much more than numbers. It’s the lifeblood of our business – touching every area, informing multi-million-euro decisions and directly influencing the development, growth and health of our brands, and through them our vision to build a better business and a better world.
Your influence will directly determine the future of our brands and our whole business. Our Finance teams are tasked with the financial operation, auditing, accountancy and tax management of Unilever as a whole. At our root, we believe that sustainable business growth is only possible when you bring together the best purpose-led talent, and that is what you will find in our teams. From Finance Business Partners to Accountants to the broad range of specialists in Expertise Services, everyone works together to achieve our ambitions.
The role is based in our UK & Ireland Head Office in Leatherhead. Located in the Surrey countryside, our office is home to a restaurant, a deli bar, a gym, a hair salon and a free Ben & Jerry’s bar to indulge in a tasty treat. You could be enjoying your lunch on our beautiful terrace in the summer, getting your hair trimmed, or letting off some steam in a personal training session! You can also find a subsidised shop offering a selection of our Unilever products.
- CD Finance is a core pillar within the Unilever Finance Operating Model and UKI MCO. The team directly business partners Customer Development teams, leading the performance management agenda and ensuring we are fit to win with our customers.
- Working within the CD Finance provides ambitious individuals with the opportunity to experience the fast-paced environment of FMCG and be directly involved in steering front line business performance against the stretching goals we set ourselves.
- Partner CD teams to review customer performance vs forecast, highlighting gaps and recommending corrective actions.
- Challenging the short-term customer forecast and reviewing it against short & long term customer targets/ambition to identify issues and areas where the team needs to focus.
- Working with FET and I&A expertise resource to provide key insights and analysis for customer investment decisions or market share performance in a specific cell, and generating recommendations for corrective action.
- Preparing material for and leading the CD Business performance reviews as finance representative.
- Lead interventions and process simplifications in the customer teams
- Understanding external drivers of customer performance and bringing insight to customer teams and the wider business to drive appropriate actions.
- Accountability and Responsibility: Acts with high level of integrity in all activities to safeguard the financial position of Unilever and ensures the necessary controls are in place.
- Bias for Action: Acts with a sense of urgency and ruthlessly prioritises. Influence colleagues to take action and land interventions.
- Growth Mindset: Ambitious for growth and enjoys challenging the status quo, which will ensure Unilever remains competitive vs both internal and external metrics.
ALL ABOUT YOU
- Excellent engagement and communication skills
- Ability to own & drive the agenda for the business (pro-active & independent worker)
- Good commercial acumen
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to effectively business partner and build connections with stakeholders
- Ability to constructively challenge assumptions and hold others accountable
- Ability to make the complex simple
- Attention to detail
- Strong Excel / Modelling skills
WHAT WE OFFER
Not only do we offer a competitive salary, but also our pension scheme, an annual bonus, a free gym, a staff shop and shares. You’ll get the opportunity to work directly with our renowned and exciting brands in a flexible and agile environment. We strive to achieve a family-friendly culture and to, above all, create possibilities for all.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.