Cloud Infrastructure Engineer (Fixed Term Contract - 6 months)
Would you be interested in joining an award-winning and innovative Group?
We have a new fixed term vacancy at Emerald Group Solutions, which is part of the Emerald Group. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join us for a 6-month period, to help shape our growth and support Emerald Publishing and Emerald Works as part of the central Technology team.
Location: This role is home working for the time being but is usually based at our offices in Bingley. West Yorkshire. We are very flexible on location but there is a requirement for this role to attend the office for infrastructure work on occasion, so applicants should live in a commutable distance of Bingley.
Who Are Emerald:
Emerald Group Solutions (EGS) is part of the Emerald Group, a global organisation with a presence in 130 countries worldwide. EGS provides support across the Group, working closely with colleagues in Emerald Publishing and Emerald Works to deliver efficient services and expert solutions across a number of different specialities including finance, people, workplace facilities, legal, customer operations and technology.
Emerald Publishing is a global publisher linking research and practice. Founded in 1967 to champion new ideas that advance research and practice. Today, we continue to nurture fresh thinking in applied fields where we feel we can make a real difference. We publish over 300 journals, more than 2,500 books and over 1,500 case studies, via our dedicated research platform.
Emerald Works are a team of passionate experts, who have joined forces to unlock the potential in millions of learners worldwide. Evidence-led and driven by insight, data and experience, we develop sustainable end-to-end learning strategies and solutions that work. Collectively building learning cultures that empower people to bring about real change for real impact.
Role & Team:
We have a new opportunity for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer with strong Azure and Microsoft 365 skills to join our existing infrastructure team for an initial 6-month fixed-term period.
To be considered for this role you must have practical, in-depth knowledge of Azure migration and installation, Azure security and Microsoft 365. Experience of Windows Server in an enterprise environment, networking, virtualisation (VMWare), Firewall configuration and web services is also desirable.
You will be a capable and confident communicator with the necessary skills to not only communicate effectively with customers at all levels, but to mentor and train peers within the Infrastructure Team.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your expert technical knowledge to assist the influence the direction, scale and ultimately the success of our cloud strategy.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Designing, deploying, documenting, securing and maintaining the cloud infrastructure environment, including defining appropriate security standards.
- Managing system migrations to the cloud.
- Mentoring and training the wider infrastructure team on triage and resolution of 3rd line tickets relating to cloud systems, ensuring that technical knowledge is both transferred and retained.
- Active monitoring of performance, designing enhancements and implementing improvements to cloud infrastructure.
- Ensuring best cost scenario management of cloud environment.
- Ensuring appropriate alerting and monitoring is configured and supported.
- Ensuring data integrity, storage and backups are maintained.
- Organising and managing timely and efficient completion of project work to budget, cost and quality expectations.
- Liaising with third party suppliers.
- Ensuring that appropriate departmental systems, processes and methodologies (eg ITIL) are followed.
- Building effective relationships with clients within the company and external service providers.
- Working closely with line manager and peers across the department to develop a cloud roadmap in line with business requirements.
- Influencing the architecture of cloud solutions such that they are both supportable and comply with technical best practices.
- Acting as a technical point of escalation for cloud service issues.
- Provision of out of hours support including participation in an on-call/stand-by rota.
We Need Someone Who…
- Has significant Azure Cloud Engineering experience.
- Has experience of Office 365 Management.
- Has AWS Cloud Engineering experience.
- Has previous experience with infrastructure/application migration programmes at an enterprise level.
- Has experience of working to a recognised information security standard (eg ISO27001)
- Has some knowledge in the following areas:
- Powershell/ CLI
- IaaS/ Saas/ PaaS
- Azure migration, storage and backup
- Azure Ops, Security, Architecture
- VPN, Firewalls
- VMware, Windows, Linux, SQL
- AAD, DNS, DHCP, DNS, FTP
- Intune, MDM
- Office 365 Azure management
- IT systems functionality and capabilities
- BC/DR requirements and capabilities
- ITIL (Incident, Problem and Change management)
- Can work under initiative and can manage their own workload
- Is a team player, is target oriented and can identify and solve problems.
Within this role, you will have the freedom to use your expertise to truly influence our cloud strategy. Working under your own initiative, you will be the cloud expert in the infrastructure team and will mentor and share your skills and experience with your peers while learning about an exciting industry.
What’s In It For You:
At Emerald, we value our people. Becoming a part of our team means you’ll join a trusting and flexible environment with numerous opportunities to progress your career, as well as access to professional development and the opportunity to learn new skills.
You’ll receive a wide range of benefits, such as flexible working and working from home, up to 20% performance bonus, 6% pension contribution, a generous holiday allowance, life assurance and various benefits aimed at supporting your wellbeing and work-life balance.
**Please apply ASAP as interviews will start before the closing date and the advert may close earlier than listed**