Cloud Risk Specialist
Lloyds Banking Group
It is a very exciting time to join Lloyds Banking Group. Together we'll continue our market leading, ground breaking transformation and you'll help us realise the Group's vision to become the Best Bank for Customers.
We're seeing the unprecedented changes in the banking sector brought about by shifts in technology, our customers' changing preferences and the evolving bold and regulatory environment. So we're adapting, innovating and responding at pace to ensure we can continue to help Britain prosper and become the best bank for customers.
With the proliferation of Cloud Services in recent times the potential to deliver innovative, cost effective, scalable and quick-to-market business solutions has increased significantly. Gone are the days where substantial capital was required to build and maintain data centres to deliver IT services - the start-ups and FinTechs of tomorrow just need an outstanding idea and an AWS subscription. Combine this with the Group's Strategic Review ambition of enhancing our digital capabilities, building on our multi-channel model, digitising the Group, modernising our data and IT architecture and the business case to consider Cloud services begins to write itself.
You'll be joining our Operations Control team which sits within the Group Transformation, Service Operations and Change Implementation (SOCI) business unit. Additionally you'll be supporting 3 key areas; operational risk, strategic initiatives and central Risk activities. From a risk perspective we're the first line of defence and our aim is to understand, handle and mitigate operational risk.
The Cloud Assurance Team (CAT) is a new team which has been created to assess and assure 3rd party services as well as Group owned tenants on Cloud Service Providers (i.e. Azure, GCP, AWS).
Sound like your kind of place?
You'll be responsible for ensuring strong risk management processes and controls are in place for cloud risks across the Group and will support both strategic and operational decision-making by providing insight, challenge and support.
You could help make it possible...
Reporting into a Senior Risk Specialist, you'll define and craft the approach to effective risk ownership and action with key stakeholders to drive risk reduction and remain within risk appetite.
What you can expect...
- Bring a strategic approach to the delivery of risk frameworks to support the use of 3rd party suppliers & CSPs, with an eye on developing the capabilities and skills required for the Bank of the Future
- Bring a strong problem-solving mindset to facilitate the needs of the business with an ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of stakeholders across the business and 3 lines of defence
- Have the ability to derive business value from risk management, to make good risk decisions, and to drive continuous improvement.
- Build positive relationships within different stakeholders within the business and other areas of risk to obtain / exchange information, identify standard methodologies and where appropriate, to respond to changes in the internal and external environment.
- You'll have a strong problem-solving mindset to facilitate the needs of the business with an ability to work closely with a diverse group of partners across the business and 3 lines of defence.
- You'll excel in drive, energy, commitment and integrity.
- You'll be recognised by peers as a subject matter expert and a highly skilled representative for the area.
- You'll excel in drive, energy, committment and integrity.
Whilst ideally you'll be based in London, we do have an agile approach to working and could accommodate you being based in our Halifax hub.
And the skills/background you'd possess?
- Understanding of the Shared Responsibility Model to appreciate how assurance of CSP & tenant owner controls can be obtained to form an aggregate risk position.
- A good understanding of Cloud Regulatory requirements in particular EBA guidelines that come into effect on 30th Sept 2019
- Technical understanding of one of more of the following CSPs - Azure, GCP & AWS.
- Technical understanding of cloud platform building blocks i.e. infrastructure-as-code, containerisation, microservices, serverless computing, etc
What do you get in return?
In addition to the salary quoted the position also offers:
- Car / Car allowance
- Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- A flex benefits cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle (4% on top of your basic salary)
- Private health cover
- Access to share schemes
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy our dedication to your ongoing personal and professional development. Here, you'll grow as a person and develop your career. As a valued member of our team, we'll support to grow and advance you through excellent training and progression opportunities. Our customers' experience and success starts with yours.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.