CMI BPI Dove Care & Simple
Scope: Global Location: 100 VE
The Skincare category is constantly evolving, a fast-moving, innovation and trends-led category so we need to stay connected but also looking to create the Skincare category of the future. UL skincare is currently the number 3 player in this big, growing and complex category, and always looking for opportunities to grow.
In this role you will contribute to driving growth of Skincare portfolio as the CMI business partner to the Global Dove Skincare and Simple brands.
Dove is one of Unilever’s largest brands in terms of turnover & global presence. We operate truly globally with key markets in all regions and the brand has led the way in purpose-driven marketing with the Dove Self-Esteem project. This role focuses on the skincare category.
Simple is a small, agile brand with great ambition, already UK’s no.1 Skincare brand and a leader in both the Clean Beauty and Naturals categories currently launching across 27 new markets.
You will be responsible for leading identification and translation of consumer needs, insights and behaviors to guide the brand strategy, brand performance, brand purpose and innovation initiatives.
- Offer foresight rather than just insight, by proactively identifying consumer and market trends, and using these to shape the brand strategy.
- Understand, design and apply lean innovation techniques/tools to ensure pace to market in a robust way.
- Identify strategic possibilities for business growth through market development and tactical opportunities for the marketing teams to capitalise on.
- Enthusiastically inspire and provoke new ways to see opportunities for our business and to help shape brilliant communication on what our brands bring to the table
- Deliver through people, leveraging your ability to create partnerships and collaborate with a wide spectrum of marketing teams, agencies, CMI BPI teams, COEs and CTI teams and external partners to deliver against business needs.
- Be independent and deliver fact based, objective views of the business. You will provide inspirational and credible recommendations to business partners.
- Operate in a professional manner, applying CMI tools and techniques with rigour and discipline.
- Use your innate ability and passion to understand and empathise with consumers and customers to deliver valuable insights to the business.
- The role reports jointly to CMI Director Skincare and CMI Director Dove.
- Lead CMI Partner Global Dove Skincare and Simple brand teams
- Interfaces with Global Category, COEs and Local CMI on local learning and innovation plans and integrate thinking into building global brand strategy
- Lead, shape and deliver consumer guidance and project management for all Brand Purpose, Equity, Content and DDM, and innovation projects
- Lead strategic understanding projects across brands to inform future innovation funnels, brand purpose and architecture
- Build areas of cmi expertise to bring agile answers to business questions and identify early growth opportunities.
- Partner with COEs, suppliers & agencies ensuring maximum value for the business about quality, timeliness and service
- Interface and integration of Precision marketing/audiences into big betsBuild robust partnership with Dove and Simple partners to deliver efficiently and be a source of effective challenge.
- Work seamlessly with the Skincare, Dove and BPC CMI teams to maximise personal and team development, with shared learnings and interests
- Opportunity to lead or co-lead cross-BPC projects (e.g. Naturals) or cross-brands (e.g. skincare workstreams).
- Strong, proactive business partnership with GBVPs and marketing teams. Business partnership skills (track record of outstanding partnership with business partners, stakeholders, communication, OTIF delivery, strong point of view, taking initiative).
- Mastery of concept and Content development and testing techniques, qual, quant, digital.
- Solid skills in Digital marketing (e.g. DDM) and data capabilities; driver of integrating and using new digital methodology & measurement tools, and Innovation (e.g. lean).
- Independently lead of COEs and external agency partnerships.
- Plan and execute strategic and tactic research and analysis for the brands.
- Consumer mindset; driver of consumer centric marketing, external orientation.
- Strategic thinking; ability to create new insight, elevate thinking & think out of the box;
- Agility to respond with pace to bringing relevant and impactful/disruptive innovation to market with pace and relevant rigour.
- Proven experience CMI/ Market Research experience.
- Knowledge of category, brands or relevant consumers an advantage.
- Experience in client companies (or partnering agencies) a benefit.
- Previous experience in global or regional roles strongly preferred.
- Candidates accepted are WL2A, WL2B and strong CMI WL1s who have been evaluated by LM and people forums as “ready to be promoted”.
- Market Research agencies
- Consumer Love
- Agility (constantly curious and courageous)
- Passion for high performance (energy to win and grow)
- Personal Mastery
- Purpose and Service
Please apply online and add your PDP & Talent Profile if possible. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and that you are at a point in your career with Unilever where it is appropriate for you to be applying for other positions.
Should you require additional information, please contact Recruiter Julian Picon on firstname.lastname@example.org