Collection Systems Project Manager- Richmond, CA (109310)
Posted: 5 Dec 2019 Closes: 8 Feb 2020
Collection Systems Project Manager- Richmond, CA-109310
Veolia is the global leader in optimized resource management. With over 163,000 employees worldwide,Veolia designs and provides water, waste and energy management solutions that contribute to the sustainable development of communities and industries.
Support Veolia Water’s operating project sites by developing, implementing and managing capital projects, primarily in the sanitary sewer collection system and occasionally the storm water collection system. Provides management of subcontractors, client relationships, contract management and assists with design review, budget control, and project scheduling. At times the Project Manager is also required to perform the duties of Construction Manager.
- Conducts proposal and construction contract development. Identifies equipment and material requirements for each phase of the project. Undertakes procurement efforts to qualify and source suppliers and subcontractors and assists with contract finalization.
- Keeps tracks of the client’s collection system legal obligations and develops projects to meet those requirements. Manages engineering sub-consultants as necessary to develop projects.
- Develops realistic construction schedules and ensures that schedules are communicated and adhered to. Ensures that project materials are purchased within budget, in accordance with all project specification requirements, and in accordance with required delivery schedules. Tracks capital equipment used throughout the project.
- Provides on site management to construction subcontractors. Confers with supervisory and engineering personnel and inspectors and suppliers to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
- Supervises staff/consultants to inspect work in progress to ensure that work conforms to specifications and that construction schedules are adhered to. Ensures that subcontractor performance is tracked and reported.
- Ensures that staff/consultants proactively manage traffic control, safety, and environmental issues and compliance with Federal and State requirements. Ensures that issues are identified and addressed and elevated if necessary in a timely manner.
- Serves as a point of contact for the client.
- Administers contracts to ensure successful completion and customer satisfaction and promptly identifies and notifies client of any scope changes. Participates in client meetings, presentation of progress and special reports, and handles resolution of client service problems in a professional manner. Builds and maintains relationship with client and other firms associated with the project in keeping with the goal of enhancing future business opportunities.
- Monitors and maintains a documented quality system as a means of ensuring that all elements of the Project conform to contract requirements, specific certificate standards and regulatory requirements. Ensures that the document control procedure is followed. Ensures that field changes are properly captured on as-built drawings.
- Assists with the preparation and/or review of reports to regulatory agencies and assists with public relations duties as necessary.
- High School diploma or GED. Four year degree desirable. Relevant job experience can substitute.
- Five to ten years of work experience within a water/wastewater treatment or collection system environment.
- One to three years of work experience as a project manager.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contracts, project scheduling / management, budget preparation and cost control and have the ability to forecast budget, staffing and equipment needs.
- Demonstrated effective communication, presentation and interpersonal skills in order to interface with and motivate all levels of personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare accurate, effective, complete and easily understood written communications and reports.
- Strong PC skills with proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, database and project management software and the ability to optimize the use of technology and systems to communicate, manage budget and to streamline processes and increase efficiency.
- Knowledge of (or ability to learn) QA/QC procedures, Safety, Environmental, and applicable Federal and State requirements.
- Proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility required PPE (Personal Protection Equipment).
- Knowledge of NASSCO pipeline certification program preferred.
- Ability to conduct procurement for projects, including qualifying firms and evaluating bids
- Ability to document project progress, keep effective records, and report on project metrics.
- Ingenuity and initiative to coordinate problem resolution, resolve conflicting priorities and to meet assignment deadlines within a team environment.
- Ability to work productively within the context of a local government client, including attending coordination meetings and adhering to local government requirements.
QualificationsKnowledge, Skills & Experience:- Four year engineering or construction management degree. Registration as a Professional Engineer preferred, but not required.- Preliminary engineering to develop project cost estimates.- Cost estimating of design/build projects.- Project Management of design/build projects in support of VWNA operating sites.- Construction Management.- Minimum 5 years’ experience preferably varied and including engineering design and design management; project management; cost estimating; and construction management. Experience needs to be water/wastewater-related.
Primary LocationUnited States-California-Richmond
Job PostingDec 3, 2019, 9:27:23 PM
Job TypeStandard -
Education Level A levels / GED / High School Diploma / NCEA level 3 / Leaving Certificate