Commercial Strategy Analyst
This is a chance to build your career in an organisation that matters to millions. To join a city within a city – to create great experiences for the 210,000 (and counting) passengers who pass through our doors each day. Life with us means exploring unlimited opportunities. And making a real difference to people who are travelling to all sorts of places for all sorts of different reasons.
It's an exciting time to be part of the Heathrow team. In June 2018, Parliament gave us the go ahead for Expansion. This isn’t just about a new runway. It’s about transforming the UK’s hub airport and securing the UK’s future place in the world.
This landmark decision will generate economic growth benefits worth up to £187 billion and create up to 180,000 new jobs across the UK. What’s more, it’ll pave the way for new domestic routes and up to 40 new international destinations. Construction will begin in 2021, but the work to make this huge project happen begins now. Which is why we’re looking for a whole host of people to join our Expansion department in areas from Finance and Airline Strategy to Community & Stakeholders.
Join us as an Commercial Strategy Analyst and you’ll have huge scope to make your mark on what will be one of Europe’s largest infrastructure projects. You’ll shape its success in all sorts of ways, focusing in particular on our local communities, a more sustainable future, our millions of passengers, businesses in the UK and beyond, and all of your colleagues working at the airport.
As well as competitive salaries, we’re committed to providing a whole host of great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent pension scheme, life assurance, access to private health insurance and, in IT, flexible working. We actively try to create part-time opportunities and use remote technologies to enable people to work from home.
The purpose of the Commercial Strategy Analyst is to provide analysis and support to the Expansion Commercial Planning and Development Team in order to define, develop, and communicate strategies for the sustainable long-term growth of commercial income.
Your Role Will Involve:
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of a commercial expansion revenue model.
- Analysing and interpreting of traffic forecast and passenger research data.
- Work closely with the Expansion Programme and provide commercially focused assessments of masterplan options throughout the process.
- Playing a lead client role within the Expansion Programme communicating and promoting commercial strategies and client requirements.
- Supporting the development of The Land Use Strategy – progressing the agenda through a variety of tasks, project and stakeholder management, leading on key strategies under the Land Use Strategy wider umbrella.
- Liaising with other departments, such as finance, property and planning, to ensure that there is a consistent approach, integrated masterplan and coherent messaging.
- Proactively exploring opportunities for additional commercial income opportunities.
- Identifying where current performance is not on track and take appropriate action, making recommendations to resolve.
- Ensuring accuracy, completeness and integrity of forecasts both received by and produced by the Commercial Planning and Development team.
- Providing support for other areas within the team and ad hoc analysis as required.
We're Looking for People Who Have:
- Numerate degree as minimum.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to ‘deep dive’ into detail but also see wider context.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and technical detail succulency and accurately.
- Good organisation skills and able to deliver to tight timescales.
- Enthusiasm - needs to be able to work in a pressured environment.
- Knowledge of a Development Consent Order (DCO) would be beneficial.
Join us, and you’ll have everything you need to shine and explore the countless career destinations that are available here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger – not least because we welcome all sorts of passengers from all corners of the globe, every single day. At Heathrow, we’re driven by inclusivity and we celebrate individuality. #LI-EXPANSION