We require a Communications Executive to support our Campaigns team in delivering targeted communications campaigns and plans to promote and protect the Met Office Brand. The successful candidate should have an understanding of marketing communications and using different communications channels to reach a range of audiences. They should be able to deliver projects effectively, working with enthusiasm and drive. They will report to the Marketing Communications Manager within the Media and Campaigns team. The wider team also includes, Internal Communications, Marketing and Marketing Insight, Digital and Content development teams. This is a great opportunity to develop broad communications skills working in the fast- paced environment of the Met Office Marketing and Communications team.
This role is to help deliver effective communications plans for a range of Met Office services in support of business and corporate objectives and messaging.
- Help to deliver an integrated and appropriate mix of communications activities to extend reach (awareness) of Met Office brand and products in support of the business programmes.
- Deliver planned communications activities on time and to budget to agreed standards to maximise profile of the Met Office brand, products and services, measuring success of the activities.
- Work with other people as required, to enable delivery of agreed communications activities to meet customer expectations.
- Provide support with the planning and delivery of Met Office presence at specific internal and external events. This includes stand booking, collateral design and logistics.
- Create content for use across multiple Met Office digital channels, including social platforms.
- Provide support as required across the wider team.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
1. Experience of working in a marketing communications environment or business or marketing related degree or other suitable qualification (CIM, CIPR).
2. Experience of using a range of communications channels, particularly digital channels, having an understanding their different roles.
3. Ability to juggle and prioritise workloads, working independently or as part of a team with the support of line manager.
4. Ability to meet challenging deadlines.
5. An ability to write creatively and convincingly and adapt content for different channels and audiences.
6. An eye for design and attention to detail.
7. Strong teamwork skills and a willingness to help others.
8. Willingness to take on new challenges.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
Experience of building and maintaining effective relationships across an organisation or network.
Additional Supplementary Information:
There may be opportunities for progression within the team.