At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Please note, this is initially a Fixed Term Contract (employed) role for 12 Months, with a potential further 12 month extension thereafter.
To accurately configure Network, Customer and OSS CI’s and parameters as well as Devices to ensure a reliable service across the Airwave network achieved via the use of Incident, Change & Order Delivery Management processes.
The engineer should be a competent individual with a passion for technology. An analytical mindset will be essential for effective troubleshooting and improving the network’s functions and successful fault management in a logical and methodical manner. Should have a mix of excellent attention to detail and accuracy, high level of IT literacy and the ability to pick up technical jargon quickly.
- Organised: Plan for indicated priorities, maintaining work schedules, monitoring progress towards goals, and communicating issues and slippage in a timely manner.
- Ownership: Takes personal responsibility for own work, issues and ensure follow-through on corrective actions. Ability to work under pressure on own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Problem Solving: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Communicate Effectively: Good communication skills and be aware of cultural differences
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices and ensure own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organisation.
- Team Player: A willing, supportive and helpful attitude along with a calm professional manner, with the ability to set priorities and deal with multiple issues with multiple stakeholders.
Academic and Technical Qualifications:
- Background in Configuration Control or Technical Data Management and/or HND/HNC in an engineering discipline
- ITIL processes (Incident, Request and Change management) CMDB
- Demonstrable experience of using a Service Management tool (Remedy / ServiceNow)
- Good IT skills, intermediate Excel user, with experience of database technologies and experience using G Suite applications
- Knowledge of Document Control & Configuration management in Engineering or IT environment
‘We are an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.’
CONNECT WITH A CAREER THAT MATTERS
We’re dedicated to designing and delivering the mission-critical
ecosystem our public safety & enterprise customers refer to as their
lifeline – mission-critical communications, software, video and services. Our drive for continuous innovation and partnership with our customers enables them to be ready – in the day-to-day moments, and in the moments that matter most.