At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
This role supports an upgrade project for a major UK based public transport system.
Do you enjoy an alternative work pattern....if so read on! We have an exciting opportunity for the right candidate!
Working for the UK leader in Tetra Network Management, you will be responsible for ensuring a successful communications network upgrade takes place for a major public transport service provider.
A competitive salary, night shift allowance and extensive benefits package awaits the successful candidate!
This is an 18 month fixed term contract role (permanent). Working on a night shift pattern.
This role is required to work outside of usual business hours. (Nightshifts)
22:00 – 06:00 Sunday – Thursday (37 hours per week)
To accurately configure and maintain configuration data within the Network and federated CMS with specific regard to the LUL Project requirements.
• Ensuring the integrity and alignment of configuration data within the Network and federated CMS with specific regard to the LUL project requirements.
• Ensure all data applied to the provisioning systems is to agreed quality standards and is submitted within agreed time frames/SLA’s whilst minimising the risk of service disruption to live public safety organisations.
• Provide configuration support to key stakeholders and projects.
• Routine Audit and Validate activities as required by the project.
• Maintaining internal user guides and process documentation to maintain ISO20K status.
• To become a subject matter expert in a relevant area of the network or service provided, to coach and mentor colleagues in this subject and take ownership and responsibility for local working instructions relevant to this area and the NMC.
Provide Tier 1 level support as required to include, but not limited to:
• Ownership for the update, maintenance and production of relevant processes and local working instructions
• Accountable for the delivery of high quality customer service and communications to Airwave’s customer and internal departments
• Jeopardy management from opening to resolution within SLA targets of incident cases relevant to the NMC
• Accountable for high standards of case note quality and accurate information being entered into incident cases
• Responsible for the production of reports to aid and assist with incident diagnostics and resolution using the relevant network tools.
• Monitoring of Network Management Tools to ensure accurate and timely investigation, diagnostics and resolution of all incidents and, where an incident cannot be progressed by the NMC, engage the relevant parties.
• Direct contact and exceptional standards of inbound and outbound customer service delivery to Airwave’s customers, reacting to customer reported incidents within Service Level targets.
Academic and Technical Qualifications:
• Educated to A Level standard (or equivalent), preferably in telecommunications
• Knowledge of a TETRA Network
• ITIL Foundation qualification preferable
• Demonstrable experience of using a Service Management tool (Remedy / ServiceNow)
• Good IT skills, intermediate Excel user, with experience of database technologies and experience using G Suite applications
• Knowledge of Document Control & Configuration management in Engineering or IT environment
Ideally, (not essential), you will have experience with:
• Public or military safety communication systems
• Tetra, specifically Motorola Dimetra (R6.x R7.x, R8.x) operation and maintenance
• Good understanding and knowledge of TCP/IP protocols
• Understanding of LAN and WAN protocols
• Detailed knowledge of Firewall principles
• Good knowledge of ISO20K and ITIL principles
• Experience in a NoC or NMC environment
• Organised: Plan for indicated priorities, maintaining work schedules, monitoring progress towards goals, and communicating issues and slippage in a timely manner.
• Ownership: Takes personal responsibility for own work, issues and ensure follow-through on corrective actions. Ability to work under pressure on own initiative with minimal supervision.
• Problem Solving: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
• Communicate Effectively: Good communication skills and be aware of cultural differences
• Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices and ensure own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organisation.
• Team Player: A willing, supportive and helpful attitude along with a calm professional manner, with the ability to set priorities and deal with multiple issues with multiple stakeholders.
‘We are an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.’
CONNECT WITH A CAREER THAT MATTERS
We’re dedicated to designing and delivering the mission-critical
ecosystem our public safety & enterprise customers refer to as their
lifeline – mission-critical communications, software, video and services. Our drive for continuous innovation and partnership with our customers enables them to be ready – in the day-to-day moments, and in the moments that matter most.