Content Writer - PR & Policy
Posted: 15 Dec 2021 Closes: 11 Feb 2022
Who we are
Langland, a Publicis Health company, is the only health communications agency that thinks further across Clinical Trial Experience, Medical Strategy & Education, Public Relations & Policy, and Advertising, to create unique value with visionary clients.
What we believe
Health brings us together. In the diseases we suffer, the medicines we create, and the causes we champion, health shows us our collective humanity. When we break the barriers that divide us, when we think further, we can create healthier futures, together.
A passion for craft
Having expert thinking is only part of our story. To ensure excellence in everything we make, we have centred our disciplines around three essential crafts: science, strategy
This role is a mixed copywriting and copyediting role, supporting both the PRP team and wider Langland agency brand.
You will be working under the direction of our experienced client service team to deliver a vast array of materials to regular deadlines and you will be able to work autonomously and manage your own workload across several accounts
This role is split equally between supporting the PRP (PR and Policy)team on client work and the wider Langland brand on agency material and collateral:
- Develop a vast array of editorial content types e.g. press releases, Q&As, reports, by-line articles, thought leadership pieces, editorial copy, patient support materials, scripts, internal communiques and announcements etc.
- Develop content concepts, structures and solutions that respond to a variety of internal and external briefs
- Interpretscientific/medical information and translate it into easy-to-understand, engaging copy
- Develop clear, compelling and user-friendly content from brief development through to project delivery with little guidance
- Help to champion editorial writing quality within the team and work with more junior team members to upskill them on writing, content development skills and best practice
- Develop a good understanding of relevant codes of practice and ensures all content is compliant
- Help the team to shape how editorial writing should fit into the Langland PRP function
- An interest in communications or public relations and be naturally passionate and curious about health
- Proven experience of copywriting
- Adept at interpreting scientific/medical information and translate it into easy-to-understand, engaging copy
- Alert to evolving dynamics in the healthcare environment and pharmaceutical industry, being able to constantly evaluate and edit work in light of this
- Able to manage your work independently, under tight deadlines while juggling multiple projects
- You will love considering the big creative solution to the client's problem - you know how the idea and the copy comes together to create insightful, engaging and impactful work
- Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and exemplary listening skills
- Naturally creative andable to write across a variety of styles and enjoy developing communications for multiple audiences and channels
An inclusive workplace
The more diverse our team, the more imaginative, intelligent and inspirational our culture and our work will become. Here are some of the ways we help promote diversity at Langland.
- Diversity & Inclusion management
- Anonymised CV submissions
- Mandatory unconscious bias training
- Career and school programmes to build industry access for people from mixed socio-economic backgrounds
- Support communities for women, LGBTQ+, BAME employees and their allies.
- A mental health programme which includes free Headspace membership.
- Publicis Groupe has committed €45 million to diversity, inclusion and social injustice within the network