Core & Network Finance Analyst
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Working in our Finance Department based from either our Slough or London Offices.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
This role is based in either our Slough or London offices.
Management accounting, planning and analysis for Core & Network business units.
• Management Accountant for Network Services, working with the business units stakeholders, including budget holders and the management team.
• Completion of processes/monthly accounting in line with IFRS and Airwave mgmt accounting requirements.
• SOX compliance.
• Financial management of specific Network areas, P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow to enable accurate accounting and forecasting.
• Full Balance Sheet ownership to enable accurate accounting and forecast variance analysis.
• Financial assessment of commercial issues and settlements for accounting and decision-making purposes.
• Financial reporting and Performance Management for Business Unit, supporting line manager to challenge the business to focus on corporate objectives and maximise return on investment.
• Identifying key financial risks/opportunities so they can be proactively mitigated/delivered.
• Typical 5 year horizon for business planning, with understanding of fixed and variable elements, key risks, opportunities, dependencies and scenarios. Detailed rolling 12-18 month view for business unit.
• Internal relationships: Business Unit Management team/budget-holders and their direct reports, FD; FP&A team; Head of Core & Operations Finance.
• Requires ability to challenge and influence budget holders to drive financial performance in line with corporate objectives.
• Close inter-working with, and occasional back-filling for Line Manager, requiring knowledge of wider business.
• Part qualified accountant, with relevant commercial & financial experience and the drive to progress/develop further.
• Strong Excel and finance systems experience (SAP, BPC, BO).
• Demonstrable Commercial Acumen.
• Commercial interpretation, including legal contracts/project plans, to ensure correct accounting and accurate financial analysis.
• Ability to extract key messages and understanding from detailed analysis and present executive level analysis, in a compelling manner.
• Ability to manage own workload in pressured environment, drive efficiency in working practice to ensure focus is on business impact, not creation of financials and also help identify opportunities for process improvement or financial benefit.
• Ability to challenge status quo, drive/manage and embed change & process improvements.
• Accurate contract accounting (revenues & costs).
• Accurate forecast delivery, variance analysis and financial interpretation.
• Working capital management to ensure accurate cash flow forecast and analysis.
• Delivery of MGMT information to key stakeholders up to board level for BU responsibilities.
• Ownership of the financial plan for the business unit, understanding (and explaining) key elements, risks/opportunities, dependencies and scenarios.
• Driving financial management and responsibility for BUs, influencing key decision makers to focus on company financial objectives.
• Detailed interpretation of contracts over full-term horizon to provide accurate financial forecasting/accounting.
• Team orientated: collaborates proactively and effectively.
• Personal Drive: desire to achieve results personally and for the company.
• Communication skills: complex analysis, delivered in a straightforward manner to varying audience levels.
• Commercial Acumen: understand and drive financial objectives.
• Commitment: Takes responsibility for meeting deliverables and deadlines.
• Customer focus: delivering quality service to stakeholders & proactively managing expectations.
• Initiative: takes positive action without prompting, takes the lead where appropriate.
• Change Agent: identifies opportunities and drives change to realise improvements.
‘We are an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and
are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.’
CONNECT WITH A CAREER THAT MATTERS
We’re dedicated to designing and delivering the mission-critical
ecosystem our public safety & enterprise customers refer to as their
lifeline – mission-critical communications, software, video and services. Our drive for continuous innovation and partnership with our customers enables them to be ready – in the day-to-day moments, and in the moments that matter most.