Core Technical Support Specialist
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
The Core Technical Support Specialist is responsible for maintaining the availability and delivery of the Technical Support Function’s remit relating to the core Infrastructure within the UK Managed Services Platform.
This is delivered as part of a 24/7/365 support model underpinning the delivery of all associated services and service levels in line with contractual performance levels.
Please note, this is a 2 year Fixed Term Contract (permanent) position.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd line support interfacing with suppliers as required to resolve complex issues and agreeing solutions with Technical Design Authorities.
- Delivery of the Core Technical Support remit ensuring the availability of the function across a 24/7, 365 day pattern including on call requirements.
- Liaise with Customers on all complex issues that cannot be resolved satisfactorily by 1st and 2nd line teams, taking ownership through to resolution whilst maintaining communication flow throughout.
- Develop and discharge the Applications, Infrastructure and Spares Management related processes as well as participation within other processes such as Problem, Change, Incident, Release, and Availability Management.
- Ensuring the Core Network Infrastructure systems are patched to the correct level required by our security accreditors.
- Ensuring Core Network Infrastructure uptimes are within the business defined SLAs.
- Ensuring Core Network Infrastructure hardware is maintained.
- Support and undertake the installation of new or upgraded Core Network Infrastructure components, systems and services.
- Undertake initiatives to strengthen the Incident Analysts knowledge and capabilities.
- Develop Continuous Improvement Plans, identify risks and undertake initiatives to improve performance quality, efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Support the Core Technical Support Manager with Vendor and Supplier technical performance and management reviews.
- Provide responses to operational escalations and complaints in an effective and professional manner.
- Act as an external ambassador, representing and promoting UKMS to customers and suppliers through all relevant contact.
- Adhere to all relevant MSP and MSI processes.
- Knowledge sharing, training and development within the team.
- Support the production of reports relating to the IT Technical Support team performance.
- Identify risks to achieving performance Levels and initiate appropriate actions to mitigate.
Knowledge & Technical Skills required:
- Experience with Tetra, DiMetra.
- Extensive industry experience working in Technical Support teams with demonstrable experience in at least one of the following: Core Network technologies. And associated processes;. IP Network technologies; Security (firewall) technologies (CCNA/P experience desirable).
- Demonstrable ability to identify improvements in Technical Support SLAs e.g. Incident Resolution, Availability Management, Operate and Maintenance etc.
- Knowledgeable in Mobile and Public Safety Communication technologies and critical services
Able to demonstrate the key cultural principles of the Technical Support Office in terms of Collaboration with others, Achieving Service Targets and driving Continuous Improvement
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, keen for new experiences and responsibilities with a clear focus on high quality and operational efficiency.
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance and is proactive and self-driven in achieving goals and objectives.
- Mature, credible, a team payer and comfortable in dealing with key stakeholders of the role. Ie Reliable, tolerant, approachable and determined.
- Empathetic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view.
- A natural problem solver and logical thinker.