Corporate Finance Associate
The ECM team comprises 6 partners, with a further 3 in the listed funds team. It primarily works on the AIM market together with the LSE Main Market. Clients include many of the mid-market London banks and brokers and a range of issuers.
The corporate team receives commercial and transactional support from experienced, high quality specialists on banking, commercial contracts, competition, tax, employment and pensions, information technology, intellectual property and financial regulatory issues.
The department runs regular legal training sessions and roundtable discussions covering the core practice areas listed above, as well as associate development centres focusing on management skills and BD at junior, mid and senior level. The ongoing support and development of our associates is regarded as essential to our continuous growth and success
- Clear, concise and unambiguous preparation, drafting and negotiation of corporate documentation with a focus on ECM documents (including prospectuses and admission documents, placing agreements and circulars)
- Liaising with clients
- Managing (with appropriate supervision) transactions including IPOs and secondary fundraisings
- Developing own informal internal and external network of contacts
- Building excellent working relationships with clients and peers within SH
- Participating in and contributing to business development and profile raising events, such as client seminars and graduate recruitment activities
- Conducting legal research using internal and external knowledge management resources
Attributes / skills required
- Capital markets experience should include new issues (whether Main Market or AIM) and secondary issues (placings and rights issues), acting for both issuers and financial intermediaries
- Corporate governance experience should include DTR's and Listing Rules advice as well as practical corporate support, including for example articles of association preparation and AGM circular and annual report reviews.
- Broad range of corporate experience to include private and public M&A; joint ventures; private equity and venture capital investments
- Background in a firm with an excellent corporate reputation
- Ability to acquire, consolidate and apply fundamental and up-to-date knowledge of the law
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Organised and able to work to strict deadlines with the ability to prioritise realistically
- Good housekeeping/file management practices; managing and recording time promptly and accurately
- Resilient with the ability to handle setbacks and pressure
- Cooperative and collaborative in approach and able to develop excellent working relationships at all levels and within all roles
- Ability to operate professionally and proactively at all times
- Self aware and an active participant in self development
- Flexible, lateral thinker
- Exhibits an understanding of the firm's position in the market and how it distinguishes its services from its competitors
Excellent academic and professional qualifications
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.