Corporate Responsibility Communications Director
They will be responsible for offering tactical execution for a range of B2B focused marketing initiatives/programs, development of messaging framework, lead generation programs, digital, exhibitions and direct marketing campaigns. Organise conferences on time, effectively and within budget.
Organise speaking opportunities.
Plan and execute promotional campaigns. Ensure all relevant marketing material is produced within brand guidelines and distributed to required locations on time.
Manage eproducts usage by collaborating with Sales and Business Development teams through developing, producing and delivering relevant marketing material.
Use standard tools/systems available within organisation.
Coordinate the production of all marketing communication pieces (online and offline) - web pages, e-mails, advertisements, press releases and sales support material.
Work with external suppliers to deliver campaigns.
Optimise all marketing channels.
The role: Corporate Responsibility Communications Director
This role will support the development and delivery of Elsevier's corporate responsibility and sustainability strategy including communications and partnerships. We are looking for a senior communications professional to promote our strategic engagements by bringing Elsevier's inclusive research and health stories to life, using a variety of communications and PR tools.
This is a newly created role central to our team's strategic engagement and growth plans. In this role you will work closely with our business partners, strategic content, internal communications and digital engagement team to execute integrated multi-stakeholder communications strategies, fully leveraging Elsevier and the Elsevier Foundation's sustainability initiatives.
The position reports to Director of the Elsevier Foundation and Corporate Responsibility Program.
Key result areas / Main responsibilities
- Build relationships with Media. Work with existing PR agencies or contract a specialized PR agency, and develop relations with critical media outlets and networks to support Elsevier's Corporate Responsibility strategy and engagements.
- Build relationships Key Opinion Leaders. Develop stakeholder management plans to engage with the broad community that is engaged in Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability areas.
- Engage and work in close alignment with Elsevier's Business Partners team. Collaborate closely with business partners to ensure ROI and targeted media coverage.
- Support the Corporate Responsibility communications plan. Work with the function lead to develop a multi-stakeholder communications plan aligned to Elsevier's Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability strategy - and to define a clear pipeline of Open Science communications campaigns and opportunities.
- Develop key messages and targeted content for different audiences across different channels.
- Work with RELX on the broader sustainability communications alignment; Manage CR Report data assurance process with RELX and internal verification managers.
- Work closely with the Strategic Content and Brand team and with other teams within the organization to ensure robust storytelling and consistent and cohesive brand vision.
- Collaborate with the Digital engagement team to ensure that our CR and partnership strategy is reflected through digital engagement including social media channels and that we track relevant audiences, trends and discussions with a view to continually improving our engagement with stakeholders on topics that Elsevier advocates.
- Research market trends and competitor programs to inform our communications strategies; Apply for CR/Sustainability awards to increase visibility.
- 7-10 years of experience in CR, Sustainability and Communications in an agency or large, private sector organisation.
- Deep knowledge of sustainability/ESG is critical, as is a strong sense of mission and purpose.
- Media relations experience developing pitching and placement of stories related to ESG.
- Experience of creating and executing successful communications strategies, campaigns and materials within a sustainability setting.
- Experience managing CR strategy, ESG best practice, particularly around communications and reporting.
- Exceptional communication skills - verbal and written .
- Excellent people and project management skills; creativity and evidence of collaboratively solving problems in your current role is welcome.