Creative Assistant (Broadcast Production Assistant Apprentice Level 3)
Come and join a culture where content, people and ideas merge. An exciting and open place where your talents can truly thrive. Ready? This could be the start of something special.
At ViacomCBS, we have an iconic portfolio of brands, like Paramount, MTV, Nickelodeon, and many more - but it’s our employees that make it unique. You could be the next addition to our incredible team.
Unleash your potential in a place you belong
Is this for you?
- Are you a good team player who is eager to learn and get stuck in?
- Do you have a good eye for detail?
- Are you a good at multitasking?
- Are you a recent school or college leaver not seeking to go to university?
- Are you able to commit to a 15-month programme starting in September 2021?
What will you be doing?
V Creative, is our in-house team of creatives and designers producing super-engaging work across iconic brands including Nickelodeon, Comedy Central and Channel 5. During the Broadcast Production Assistant apprenticeship, you will gain insight into all areas of short-form production and post production whilst learning the practical skills needed to create short-form content for on air, digital and social platforms.
The Exciting opportunity will rotate around all the brands, Nickelodeon, C5, Comedy Central and MTV, spending 3months at a time working within each team.
- There will be opportunity’s for Script writing, ideation, editing, pre-production, project management, overseeing audio edits, directing voice talent, graphic design briefing and directing.
- You will also have the opportunity to shadow creatives within the team to see how they approach their briefs, and how to think about ideas and brainstorm together.
- Assist creative assistant with delivery of on air content and Promos
- Organise international content for viewing and order any materials needed for the department
- Assist with Compiling material and edit for any channel sizzles or marketing requests
- Assist the archiving process and make sure all promo projects are archived on a monthly basis
- Assist with Reporting all music to Sky Music Licensing monthly
What are we looking for?
- An interest or maybe even experience in Writing scrips, editing audio sessions – but no worries if not! We just want you to learn and be interested in this.
- Someone who is a good problem solver or looks out for better ways to do things
- A real enthusiasm to learn, build relationships and get involved
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced fun environment and can adapt to changing requests
- Someone who is eager to work with people, in a team but also open to taking responsibility for tasks and able to be relied upon to take on tasks
- We take pride in maintain and creating an inclusive culture so we want you to be your true self in the role, work well with diverse teams and collaborative environments
- You’ll get a lot of training but you will need to have some basic IT skills like, Microsoft word/excel/PowerPoint/email
We offer an inclusive environment where you can really be yourself and find your niche. You’ll get to work alongside streaming platforms you can be proud of, with content that touches millions of lives. Plus, you can learn about the things we’re doing to make the industry more sustainable, and enjoy lots of perks:
- A monthly streaming fund
- All the health and financial benefits you’d expect, and some you wouldn’t
- Flexibility to own the way you work
- Mental health activities and support
- All manner of BBQs, socials and events
What are you waiting for? Put in your application!
Our values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
Optimism & Determination
- We share a positive belief that we can navigate and thrive in the landscape ahead
Inclusivity & Collaboration
- We Embrace new and divers voices, act with care and work together to capture opportunities and manager through challenges
Agility & Adaptability
- We think entrepreneurially, are resilient in change and move quickly to anticipate and create what’s next
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and we take our responsibility in safeguarding children and adults seriously. We work hard to ensure that everyone with whom we engage receive equal protection from all types of harm or abuse, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity; an obligation we take very seriously.
To ensure, we are an exemplar in the field of safeguarding individuals, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria of the role applied for and for those who are successful in receiving an offer for roles that interact with children, completed background checks will be required prior to joining. Should you need any support during the recruitment process, please advise your recruiter or email UK.email@example.com where we will support your request as suitably possible.
Additionally, we are proud to partner with a number of incredible communities and if you have a disability or a long-term condition (including hidden conditions such as mental health, autism, dyslexia, etc) that would need an adjustment; either in the application process, the interview process, the onboarding process or day to day, our amazing partner Evenbreak can provide additional help and advice to disabled candidates who may be interested in our vacancies. Find out more at https://hive.evenbreak.co
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.