Customer Account Manager – Asda Homecare
Customer Account Manager – Asda Homecare
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx. Faced with the challenge of climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That’s why our purpose is ‘to make sustainable living commonplace”
Customer Development (Sales) makes sure that shoppers can find our brands, wherever and whenever they want them. We are responsible for building and growing relationships with our customers, predicting tomorrow's shopping trends and identifying exciting new ways to make Unilever products stand out in a crowded market. CD is where it all happens; whether it’s working with Supply Chain to get stock on shelf at the right size, price and for the right shopper occasions, or with Marketing to drive new campaigns forward and selling to our retailers.
We care about our world, and our Customer Development team are a crucial part of decoupling our sustainable growth from our environmental impact. Working with our customers, they are the brand discriminators, predicting and guiding tomorrow’s shopping trends, as well as pioneering the role of business as a force of good in the world. We love what we do, and we focus on four pillars: Own it, Be different, Do what you say and ultimately love your customer.
The role is based in our UK & Ireland Head Office in Leatherhead. Located in the Surrey countryside, our office is home to a restaurant, a deli bar, a gym, a hair salon and a free Ben & Jerry’s bar to indulge in a tasty treat. You could be enjoying your lunch on our beautiful terrace in the summer, getting your hair trimmed, or letting off some steam in a personal training session! You can also find a subsidised shop offering a selection of our Unilever products.
The Customer Account Manager is responsible for growing all Unilever homecare categories in Asda. This includes building and executing customer business plans on several market leading brands as well as compelling challenger brands, such as Persil, Domestos Comfort, Cif and Surf. Asda is Unilever’s #2 customer therefore this role has a high profile within the customer development team.
You will be accountable for the day to day contact with the customer buyers, supply chain, shopper marketing, internal category & brand contacts.
- Build strong and sustainable relationships with all functions in Asda, including buying and category planning teams.
- Negotiate effectively e.g. to agree trade terms, trade funding, and counterparts according to the UL strategy on his/her categories
- Line management of CAM focused on household cleaning.
- Mentoring and coaching of commercial executive managing the homecare portfolio.
- Manage the relationship aspects of key customer ‘events’, e.g. launching of new products, cost price changes, breaches of trade terms
- Develop and deliver the customer strategic business plan for relevant categories , and the joint customer business plan, working closely with Category Managers and Shopper Marketing
- Develop and deliver an optimal integrated category promotional plan (including selling the plan with the customer)
- Manage promotional and non-promotional investments with the customer and ensures all agreements are properly documented and stored
- Work closely with Commercial Executives to ensure administrative aspects of promotions are completed
- Manage the launch of new products with customers, e.g. selling in the new product, providing samples etc
- Ensure effective in-store activation of key events (e.g. promotions, range reviews), providing clear briefings to the Retail Operations Team
- Manage the customer P&L for relevant categories and the overall level of customer investment
- Manage in-month performance vs forecast, working closely with CBMs and Customer Operations
- Manage accruals and pricing accurately and efficiently
- Ensure customer is compliant with agreed trade terms; where these are breached seek a resolution and monitor implementation
- P&L Management: Delivery of Turnover & Business Building Terms targets for specific category
- S&OP Forecasting
- Provision of clear up to date inputs into Business Processes (Promotional Evaluation, Customer Business Planning, sales updates, in store tracking, price claim management etc)
- Delivery of required admin for the customer – pricing, rebates, NLF, promo proposals, trade terms, contracts
All About You
• Love what you do: As the Senior Customer Account Manager, you will be passionate about all aspects of leading your portfolio to competitive growth.
• Love your customer: You will lead the Unilever relationship within your categories – driving growth via strategic alignment and negotiation.
• Do what you say: Drive the JBP, executing the agreed 2018/19 plan setting up a strong ambition and agreement
• Own it: Leverage our brand assets and CCBT structure to deliver new and exciting innovation and activation.
• Be Different: The need for extensive commercial rigor in the assessment and implementation of our Growth Strategy.
- Business Results
- Individual set of 3+1’s
- Business fundamentals from customer category framework
KEY EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Customer management & selling essentials - ideally previous experience of performing a CAM role
- Prior commercial experience and exposure to P&L
- Proven history of working within a team environment
- Prior experience of leading and developing a direct report preferable however not essential
- Relevant Account Management experience
- Shopper Marketing or Category Management experience is preferable
- Accountability & Responsibility
- Consumer and Customer Focus
- Bias for Action
- Building Talent and Teams
What We Offer
Not only do we offer a competitive salary, but also our pension scheme, an annual bonus, a free gym, a staff shop and shares. You’ll get the opportunity to work directly with our renowned and exciting brands in a flexible and agile environment. We strive to achieve a family-friendly culture and to, above all, create possibilities for all.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.