Customer Account Manager - Asda Snacking & Tea
JOB TITLE: Customer Account Manager, Asda Snacking & Tea
WORK LEVEL: WL2A
JOB LOCATION: Leatherhead
The Customer Account Manager is responsible for growing Unilever’s Snacking & Tea portfolio in Asda, this includes building and executing customer business plans on several market leading brands such as Pot Noodle and PG Tips.
You will be accountable for the day to day contact with the customer buyers, supply chain, shopper marketing, internal category & brand contacts.
Key focus areas for this role are:
• Love what you do: As the Snacking & Tea Customer Account Manager, you will be passionate about all aspects of leading your portfolio to competitive growth.
• Love your customer: You will lead the Unilever relationship, driving growth via strategic alignment internally and externally, as well as negotiation.
• Do what you say: Drive the JBP, executing the agreed plan, setting up a strong ambition and agreement
• Own it: Leverage our brand assets and CCBT structure to deliver new and exciting innovation and activation.
• Be Different: The need for extensive commercial rigor, as well as thinking differently to assess and implement a Growth Strategy.
- Build strong and sustainable relationships with all functions in Asda, including buying and category planning teams.
- Negotiate effectively e.g. to agree trade terms, trade funding, and counterparts according to the UL strategy on his/her categories
- Manage the relationship aspects of key customer ‘events’, e.g. launching of new products, cost price changes, breaches of trade terms
- Develop and deliver the customer strategic business plan for relevant categories , and the joint customer business plan, working closely with Category Managers and Shopper Marketing
- Develop and deliver an optimal integrated category promotional plan (including selling the plan with the customer)
- Manage promotional and non-promotional investments with the customer and ensures all agreements are properly documented and stored
- Work closely with Commercial Executives to ensure administrative aspects of promotions are completed
- Manage the launch of new products with customers, e.g. selling in the new product, providing samples etc
- Ensure effective in-store activation of key events (e.g. promotions, range reviews), providing clear briefings to the Retail Operations Team
- Manage the customer P&L for relevant categories and the overall level of customer investment
- Manage in-month performance vs forecast, working closely with CBMs and Customer Operations
- Manage accruals and pricing accurately and efficiently
- Ensure customer is compliant with agreed trade terms; where these are breached seek a resolution and monitor implementation
- P&L Management: Delivery of Turnover & Business Building Terms targets for specific category
- S&OP Forecasting
- Provision of clear up to date inputs into Business Processes (Promotional Evaluation, Customer
- Business Planning, sales updates, in store tracking, price claim management etc)
- Delivery of required admin for the customer – pricing, rebates, NLF, promo proposals, trade terms, contracts
ALL ABOUT YOU
- Customer management & selling essentials - ideally previous experience of performing a CAM role
- Prior commercial experience and exposure to P&L
- Proven history of working within a team environment
- Accountability & Responsibility
- Consumer and Customer Focus
- Bias for Action
- Building Talent and Teams
Please apply online and add your PDP if possible. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and that you are at a point in your career with Unilever where it is appropriate for you to be applying for other positions.
Should you require additional information, please contact Recruiter Kelly on Kelly.Bishop@unilever.com