Customer Account Manager - Booker
Customer Account Manager-Booker
Work Level: 2B
The Customer Account Manager is responsible for building strong working relationships with the customer buying team; developing and executing customer business plans at a category level which deliver USG, Market Share and Profitability. They are accountable for the day to day contact with the customer buyers, supply chain, shopper marketing, internal category & brand contacts.
Key focus areas for this role are:
• Love what you do: As a CAM you will be passionate about all aspects of leading your portfolio to competitive growth.
• Love your customer: You will lead the Customer/ Unilever relationship within your categories – driving growth via strategic alignment and negotiation.
• Do what you say: Drive the JBP, executing the agreed 20/21 plan setting up a strong ambition and agreement
• Own it: Leverage our brand assets and CCBT structure to deliver new and exciting innovation and activation.
• Be Different: The need for extensive commercial rigor in the assessment and implementation of our Growth Strategy.
- Build strong and sustainable external relationships across a wide range of business from Wholesale, Retail and National Accounts .
- Negotiate effectively with your customer, e.g. to agree trade terms, trade funding, and counterparts according to the UL strategy on his/her categories
- Manage the relationship aspects of key customer ‘events’, e.g. launching of new products, cost price changes, breaches of trade terms
- Develop and deliver the customer strategic business plan for relevant categories , and the joint customer business plan, working closely with Category Managers and Shopper Marketing
- Develop and deliver an optimal integrated category promotional plan (including selling the plan with the customer)
- Manage promotional and non-promotional investments with the customer and ensures all agreements are properly documented and stored
- Work closely with Commercial Executives to ensure administrative aspects of promotions are completed
- Manage the launch of new products with customers, e.g. selling in the new product, designing a launch plan with promotions and shopper marketing activities.
- Ensure effective in-store activation of key events (e.g. promotions, range reviews), providing clear briefings to the Retail Operations Team
- Drive the agenda internally across all categories on the need for packs fit for purpose/channel and work with the relevant stakeholders to bring these packs to life.
- Manage the customer P&L for relevant categories and the overall level of customer investment
- Manage in-month performance vs forecast, working closely with CBMs and Customer Operations
- Manage accruals and pricing accurately and efficiently
- Ensure customer is compliant with agreed trade terms; where these are breached seek a resolution and monitor implementation
- P&L Management: Delivery of Turnover & Business Building Terms targets for specific category
- S&OP Forecasting
- Provision of clear up to date inputs into Business Processes (Promotional Evaluation, Customer
- Business Planning, sales updates, in store tracking, price claim management etc)
- Delivery of required admin for the customer – pricing, rebates, NLF, promo proposals, trade terms, contracts
ALL ABOUT YOU
- Customer management & selling essentials - ideally previous experience of performing a CAM role
- Prior commercial experience and exposure to P&L
- Proven history of working within a team environment
- Prior experience of leading and developing a direct report preferable however not essential
- Relevant Account Management/Field Sales experience
- Experience in Shopper Marketing or Category Management is preferable
Please apply online and add your PDP if possible. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and that you are at a point in your career with Unilever where it is appropriate for you to be applying for other positions.
Should you require additional information, please contact Recruiter Kelly on Kelly.Bishop@unilever.com