Customer Service Advisor
Longhurst Group is one of the leading housing groups in the Midlands and East of England, providing more than 23,000 homes and a wide range of care and support services, with a team of 1,300 colleagues.
Guided by our shared values, our vision is to improve the lives of our customers and communities, focusing on two clear themes of work: Health and wellbeing and economic resilience. You can see how we’ll achieve this vision through our Improving Lives strategy by watching this video.
Our customer service team based in Rushden are key to delivering excellent support to those that contact us each day. Made up of a team of individuals who all bring different skill sets we strive to deliver a heartfelt service to those that need us.
If you have a passion for helping others and delivering great support from first contact to query resolution, we’d love to hear from you
Here at Longhurst Group we want to deliver excellent Housing Services that foster positive communities, enabling us to offer great homes, provide great services and improve lives.
As a Customer Service Advisor, you will be integral in showcasing how Longhurst Group really lives it’s values. As a touch point for our customer you will directly impact and deliver in areas such as;
- Ensuring the highest level of customer service is maintained at all times (including call handling, on-line services, web-chat, in person/reception etc.) and act as a role model for excellent service delivery across the Longhurst Group.
- Acting as a first point of contact, pro-actively dealing with customer enquiries; with a strong focus on early resolution across all key business areas within Longhurst Group.
- Championing digital services and pro-actively encourage a shift towards this as a way of improving access, choice and cost-effectiveness.
- Ensuring our Group First Time Fix process is delivered effectively; including adhering to agreed timescales and delivering an excellent customer experience.
- Assuring that Group-wide service standard timescales are maintained, and customer satisfaction levels are delivered.
Our ideal Customer Service Advisor will possess a strong customer service ethic, backed up with a keen interest in community issues and an ability to demonstrate:
- A passion for customer service excellence
- A strong desire for Digital Services
- A keen eye for detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Openness to change
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent PC skills
Our offer has been created to underpin our two key pillars (health and wellbeing and economic resilience) and five core values: In it together, Heartfelt Service, Own it, Push the boundaries and Fun and Fair.
Demonstrating our strong investment in your health and wellbeing and economic resilience, we offer a competitive 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays and generous sick pay entitlements, as well as other paid leave.
A choice of defined benefit pension schemes, extensive learning and development opportunities, plus more. See Our Benefits attached.
If your application shows that you have the right knowledge, skills and that you share our values, we'll invite you to meet one of our team. We can’t wait to meet you…
How to apply
For more information about the role please read the attached job description and the person specification.
If you are interested in applying please click on the apply button at the top of this page, where you will be taken through our application process. You will be asked to submit your experience in line with the essential criteria detailed in our person specification.
We really want to hear how you meet the criteria for this opportunity, please use the two supporting statements (4000 characters!) to really show us your talents. To ensure all candidates are treated fairly, we do not accept CVs.
If we receive a high number of applications, this vacancy may expire prior to the closing date. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
(The important things – Naturally we need to complete pre-employment checks before you join us. This role is conditional upon receipt of two satisfactory references (one from your current employer).
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK. All shortlisted candidates will need to verify eligibility to work in the UK at interview. Original proof must then be provided by day one upon successful candidature).
Longhurst Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applicants that reflects the diverse communities we work with. We invite applicants to contact the employer to identify any additional support they may need during the recruitment process
Apply today #LonghurstGroup #ImprovingLives.
Applications close on 9th May 2021
Interview date 19th and 20th May 2021 - Remote interviews via MS Teams