Customer Service & IT Advisor
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Deliver excellent customer service to Motorola (ESN / Airwave) customers through effective and professional handing of Customer Incidents, Service Requests, Queries, Complaints, Internal IT issues and Orders.
This is the Customer first point of contact and as such designed to deliver first class service through effective case resolution. The role holder will understand and respond to the customer needs professionally and in a timely manner in order to deliver against agreed OLA’s / KPI’s, operational targets and service levels. The role holder will develop and grow the skills required to service future products and services offered by Motorola.
Please Note this is a Permanent, Part Time Position to work Wednesday (PM), Thursday's & Friday's.
- Customer Ingress and liaison by Phone, Email and Service Management Systems.
- Triage Incidents and Requests at a 1st line level, resolving at 1st line where possible.
- Use BMC Remedy to record, assign, monitor and update cases.
- Liaise with Suppliers for timely updates and co-ordinate responses.
- Progress and track orders through their life cycle to delivery.
- Monitor the jeopardy status and progress of cases.
- Escalate failure and risk to service level achievement.
- Ensure quality and accuracy of case data, identifying & supporting Continual Service Improvement.
- The role requires strength in, organisation, collaboration, communication, negotiation, service delivery, influencing and the ability to deal with difficult customers.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships within and outside the service desk environment.
- Have demonstrable service desk experience and be able to evidence the ability to operate successfully in a demanding environment, whilst maintaining high morale, high achievement and actively supporting the collaborative culture that drives success.
- Proactive approach to removing barriers and finding solutions to problems.
- Flexible approach to operational demands and situations due to the changing nature of the role.
Knowledge, Technical Skills & Experience required:
- Analytical skills and disciplined approach to resolving complex issues.
- Able to improve processes and procedures.
- Communication skills: Verbal, Written, Listening, and Questioning.
- Personal organisational skills.
- The ability to influence and negotiate with internal and external parties.
- Customer Focus.
- Able to deal with change.
- Ability to embrace new technologies.
- Self motivated and enthusiastic.
- Problem solving and fact-finding skills.
- ITIL V3 Foundation Qualification would be desirable.
- Proven ability in communication, both written and verbal
- Experience of working in a call centre or service centre environment
- Proficient in Computer systems and packages.
- Experience of working self-sufficiently and in a team environment delivering customer service.
In order to apply successfully, you must be eligible to live and work in the EU.
Documented evidence of the eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. The candidate will ideally already hold a current UK Security Clearance, or be willing to undergo Security vetting, following a Baseline Personnel Security Screening (BPSS) check.
'We are an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.’
CONNECT WITH A CAREER THAT MATTERS
We’re dedicated to designing and delivering the mission-critical ecosystem our public safety & enterprise customers refer to as their lifeline - mission-critical communications, software, video and services. Our drive for continuous innovation and partnership with our customers enables them to be ready - in the day-to-day moments, and in the moments that matter most.