Customer Supply Chain Manager
The Customer Supply Chain Manager leads the Customer Service Team across all Unilever UK and Ireland categories for their account group or channel. They are the Supply Chain business partner to the CD Director(s) for their customers and will be responsible to work together with the CS Director and MCO VP SC to build strong working relationships with Senior Customer contacts and industry organisations e.g IGD.
The CS Director is accountable for developing the customer service strategy, the Customer Supply Chain Manager is responsible for implementation. The strategy should be aligned to commercial objectives and customer priorities, selecting relevant Unilever tools and techniques and creating an aligned plan with customers to create joint value vs. joint priorities.
The Customer Supply Chain Manager is responsible for implementing customer facing collaborative planning and execution activities within their team. They will engage seamlessly with the O2C team to ensure an efficient and effective Order to Cash cycle.
As part of the UK and Ireland Supply Chain management team, they are expected to lead and deliver cross category/cross customer projects and improvements across the E2E supply chain.
- Understand Customer requirements and culture (strategy, structure, targets, operational standards, routines, processes, systems etc) so as to develop opportunities for reduced cost to serve, or improved service, forecast bias or on-shelf availability.
- Work closely with external customer contacts to ensure that a solid relationship is achieved and maintained through both periods of good and poor customer service. At all times seek to proactively improve delivery and make both parties supply chains more efficient. At times of poor service take the lead to ensure issues are well explained to the customer with a clear communication of resolution timings and next steps
- Implement specific supply chain elements of the Joint Business Plans with the Customer.
- Ensure the account focused team deliver against the supply chain and specific customer account team strategic objectives
- Management of the team Customer Availability Specialists and/or Customer Replenishment Specialists, providing support and structure for individual and team development.
- Providing operational insight and support to ensure an efficient order cycle is maintained – including capturing, processing and fulfilling all orders and deliveries within our trade terms guidelines. Resolve escalated operational issues internally and with Customer; anticipate and prevent future problems.
- Be the main contact point for the Customer Development Director(s) for customer service issues. Build strong relationships with the CBMs and Category Planning Managers to maintain a category perspective.
- Deliver elements of the total Supply Chain strategic action plan and maintain a coherent department by taking responsibility outside of the account team for particular process.
- Delivery of Customer Service, Supply Chain Innovation Priorities, Forecast Accuracy and On-shelf availability for their customer account group.
- Relationship Management of Senior Customer Supply Chain contacts.
- Development and performance management of their Customer Service Team.
- Delivery of Supply Chain elements of Joint Scorecards with their Customers (service, efficiency, OSA)
- Ensure, through liaison with the Customer Development team and Category Planning Managers, that the Customer Replenishment Specialists insight into customer specific requirements are built into planning tools, and supply/delivery issues are understood up the supply chain from the customer’s perspective and resolved efficiently.
- Account group customer satisfaction measured by Customer survey (Advantage Group)
- Ensure alignment of account group Logistic Efficiency and Payment terms to reality, driving for mutual benefit wherever possible.
- Resolution of any Customer Service issues with support of Customer Facing Specialists.
- Operationally support Global Supply Chain Teams with data / insight (where applicable).
- Take operational decisions within agreed framework.
- Customer facing supply chain experience
- Other Supply Chain experience in Factories, USCC, Category Logistics or Distribution
- Track record of leveraging big customer relationships
- Strong business acumen with a focus on Market and Customer orientation
- Proven experience of making a difference demonstrating creativity, simplification and harmonisation
- Think integrated Supply Chain process
- Proven people development skills
- Strong analytical mindset
Please apply online and add your PDP & Talent Profile if possible. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and that you are at a point in your career with Unilever where it is appropriate for you to be applying for other positions.
Should you require additional information, please contact Recruiter Sara Gordon on email@example.com