Customer Support Technician (ref. 666)
Change your job, change your workplace, change your future...
With over 108,500 employees and offices in over 150 countries, Ricoh has built its excellent reputation by developing office automation solutions, enabling individuals and organizations to improve the quality and productivity of office communications in all corners of the world.
We are currently looking to recruit a well-motivated Customer Support Technician to deliver exceptional customer service by offering a knowledgeable and proactive service, which is aligned to Ricoh`s Eight Lines of Business and the Customers` requirements, for one of our prestigious clients based in Edinburgh.
What you will be doing
* Manage the Ricoh Service Bar that will provide walk-up access for IT, Print and Meeting room issues for the customer’s staff, partners and visitors
* Manage Incidents and Service Requests assigned to you by the Ricoh Service Desk or Support Teams
* Develop and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures to ensure adherence to contractual SLAs
* Track and analyze trends in support requests and generate statistical and SLA reports in line with contractual agreements and to support ongoing Service Improvements
* Identify, recommend, develop and implement the team’s training programs to increase technical competence and customer service skills
* Identify, develop and assist the SDM with the implementation and administration of support staff training procedures and policies to ensure contractual obligations are met
* Contribute to escalated problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users when necessary to ensure SLA adherence.
* Monitor incident trends and anticipate potential problems for proactive resolution and to ensure that the required Changes are processed in line with customer procedures and metrics
* To work with the client and Ricoh resources to manage the Desktop Lifecycle process
* To work with the SDM to identify new opportunities for Ricoh Managed Services
* Manage the IT in-building infrastructure, including Wi-Fi and LAN access, Voice and Video Conferencing, Meeting Room Booking Systems
* Manage the on-site print facilities
You will ideally have
* Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to follow instructions. To comprehend format and “jargon” within written technical information in the form of technical manuals and bulletins and relevant publications
* Possesses excellent communication skills at all levels within the customer and organization
* Possesses the ability to work under own initiative in pressured situations to deliver the highest levels of customer satisfaction
* Good understanding of stock control
* Ability to understand user requirements relating to the customers IT infrastructure
* Possesses the ability to make decisions independently and use good judgment when others should be involved
* ITIL Foundation – Desirable
* Awareness of Prince2 methodology
* Good organizer, priority driven, and able to multi task to meet service priorities
* Methodical with attention to detail, but prepared to meet customer expectations
* Communicate effectively with good customer focus
* End-user training / Documentation with Change Control
* Windows 7/8/10
* RSA SecurID - VPN software and administration
* Active Directory
* Group Policy
* Microsoft Office 365
* Microsoft Exchange
* Windows Deployment Service
* Knowledge of Switches and wireless networks
* Laptop and Desktop PC diagnosis and repair
* Desktop Printer diagnosis and repair
* First Line “Hands and Eyes ” to resolve simple MFD errors prior to visit by the 3rd Party
* Customer-specific equipment, for example Handheld PDA/Tablets, Scanners, Servers
* Audiovisual troubleshooting and diagnosis
In return for your commitment, you can expect
Ricoh is an exceptional place to work. A place where there is a strong emphasis on career development for the right individuals. This is also a role where you can excel within a fast-paced environment and succeed within a great organization. Are you the right candidate for this key position? If so, we welcome your application.
We are an equal opportunities employer
Ricoh has removed the disclosure of convictions box from their application process (ban the box - http://www.bitc.org.uk/programmes/ban-box) offering equal opportunities to all. For all roles, we will judge each individual on their skills and ability before taking into account their history. However some roles are subject to sensitive and restrictive information and, if successful, you may be required to undertake pre-employment vetting checks which include but are not limited to residency check, credit reference check, financial sanctions` check, and a DBS Check. Further information on Employment Vetting can be accessed by contacting the Ricoh Resourcing Team.