D&T Category Manager
The procurement team is looking for a Category manager to lead the sourcing and contracting of Digital & Technology goods and services, including supplier relationship management and strategic category management.
The Category Manager will be responsible for:
- Driving the strategic procurement agenda, working proactively with budget holders to ensure resources are managed in a way which is commercially effective.
- Ensuring procurement process is compliant with policy and engage budget holders to schedule internal training as necessary.
- Managing the end-to-end procurement process for key service contracts including supplier evaluation, tender invitation, tender analysis, negotiation of commercial terms and contract implementation.
- Supporting the development of specifications, RFIs and RFPs in collaboration with department managers and stakeholder departments as appropriate.
- Reviewing and revising existing contractual terms and conditions, develop a suite of standard forms of contract where practicable.
- Managing relationships with the supply chain to leverage spend, reduce costs, and mitigate commercial and legal risk.
- Initiating supplier business reviews to measure and report performance levels, identify development areas and determine corrective actions for improved performance delivery.
- Supporting the development, management, control and adherence to departmental project and operational budgets.
Experience & Skills
- Experience in the procurement of indirect goods and services in the private sector.
- Experience working within the Digital and Technology category, including: hardware; software; professional services and telecoms.
- Experience of creating and deploying category plans and strategies
- Demonstrated ability to work as a true business partner within a commercial environment
If you are interested in the role, make sure when submitting your CV, you attach your cover letter answering the following question: Why do you want this job at Wellcome?
Salary: circa £47,795
Contract Type: Permanent
Advert closing date: 02/08/2020
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Wellcome. We are committed to cultivating a fair and healthy environment, where everyone can be themselves and thrive. We are happy to discuss flexible working options for all roles. We work to ensure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible to everyone. This includes making adjustments for people who have a disability or long-term condition. If you would like us to make adjustments during the application process, please contact us at .