Data Analyst (HR & Transformation)
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Office location: 2 Waterhouse Square (Remote at present)
Closing date: Wednesday 27th Janaury 2021
Why you should join us…
We connect with millions of people every day, make content they can't get enough of and reflect and shape the world we live in… and we do all this through the power of creativity.
We will be a digitally led entertainment and media company that creates and brings brilliant content to audiences, wherever, whenever and however they choose.
ITV will be replacing its core business systems for Finance and HR and going through a business transformation within HR and Finance. ITV is also modernising its production accounting systems and ways of working within Studios as part of its aims to become a digitally led media and entertainment company. Data will be fundamental to the success of this programme and to ITV. Getting the structure of the data right will ensure that we do not inherit legacy issues and will be able to meet ITV’s data requirements of the future.
We are looking for a Data Analyst on a 12 month fixed term contract to work with the Lead Data Architect to help ensure that:
- The data in ITV’s applications within Finance, HR and Studios are of a standard and structure that makes analysis of the data as simple as possible.
- The data doesn’t just support operational processes but also meets the long term aims of data for use in reporting and analytics.
- ITV can gain better value from the data held in its systems.
- Effort is reduced in producing reports and analysis.
- Complexity of interfaces is reduced.
- There is a greater understanding of the data in the different systems and how the data works across systems.
- There is better data ownership, data quality and data governance.
This a key role in this programme of work and we expect some (not all) of the key responsibilities day-to-day to be:
- Support the Data Architect in the delivery of architecture across the end to end solution ensuring integrity and consistency across the project.
- Understand what business data we have and where it is stored across Finance, HR and Studios.
- Support the creation of data and information models.
- Ensures that Data is treated as an asset that can provide value beyond the programme.
- Responsible for designing data migration loads in collaboration with SI & operation application teams
- Help formulate and understand reporting and analytics requirements.
- Understand the data dependencies between different areas and systems
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate the following skills:
- Teaming successfully in a fast moving and ambiguous environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience of working with Finance & HR data models.
- Previous experience as data analyst for a highly complex / multifunctional programme.
- Relevant industry, functional, and technology experience desirable.
- Has an understanding of business systems and how organisations are leveraging data to deliver increased value.
- Delivery focused. Strong project experience.
- Uses data to identify opportunities and to influence decision making.
- Inquisitive and able to elicit information from a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates proactivity and a self-motivated approach.
- Able to communicate with a non-technical audience by translating technical concepts into language they understand.
- Able to develop working relationships with senior non-technical stakeholders in order to understand requirements, anticipate requirements and to tease out implicit requirements.
Closing Date & Salary: Wednesday 27th January 2021
Find out more about our benefits http://www.itvjobs.com/why-join-us/benefits
We want to be the most flexible employer in Media. We offer Smart working and we will support you and provide you the right environment and work/ life balance
We reach millions of people everyday, that’s why having diverse talents and being an organisation where colleagues feel included is crucial to us. We have various networks who celebrate and support our colleagues. We try to embed an inclusive mindset in everything we do. Find out more here
Candidates who declared a disability and meet the minimum criteria will be invited to an interview - find out more here. We're happy to discuss any additional support you may need during our application process as part of our reasonable adjustments approach. So we encourage you to get in touch with us if you require additional support... our email is firstname.lastname@example.org