Data Analytics and Insight Senior Manager
Lloyds Banking Group
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose - to Help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. And as the UK's largest retail and commercial bank, we have a footprint that touches nearly every community and household in the UK.
Our brands, our services and our business span every aspect of banking and finance, including some of the biggest names on the UK's high streets. That gives us a big responsibility to support the UK economy, and we have a clear strategy to put customers first - and achieve our vision of becoming the best bank for customers.
Here at LBG, Agile Working practices are promoted and supported. Agile working is about more than working flexibly - it's empowering and entrusting you to think creatively about how, when and where you work, to deliver the best outcomes for you, our customers and our business. If you like the sound of this, come and speak to us.
Although location is suggested as based in London - this can be very flexible and would welcome applications from anywhere in UK - so you may be liaising with stakeholders remotely via video, spending face to face time with your manager, or occasionally travelling to one of our other hub locations for a meeting.
Chief Operating Office (COO) Business Risk
We love to do things differently in COO Business Risk. We encourage our employees to challenge the status quo and to come up with new and innovative ideas.
Our vision is to be the Leading 1st Line Risk Function in Financial Services in the UK. We work collaboratively with the business areas we support (Group Transformation, Group CIO, Group Sourcing & Chief Security Office) to identify, report and mitigate risks - our key priority is to transform the bank in a safe and compliant way.
We're committed to achieving this vision through a clear focus on the provision of expert risk advice & guidance, through creating and delivering an optimised control environment, through investing in developing our people and through the adoption of technology solutions to improve our effectiveness.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of COO Business Risk's Insight & Governance function.
You could help make it possible...
This role leads a crucial part of the Insight & Governance model, by providing the thought leadership for the risk insight across these hugely significant important parts of the Group for our customers.
What would you be getting involved with?
- Raising team performance by building trust, communicating effectively and appreciating individual inputs
- Acts as a source of professional expertise to evaluate, review, investigate, challenge & mitigate the potential for risk in assigned areas of the business
- Assists in the development of - and leads the implementation of short, medium and long-term plans in the context of the strategic direction, taking into account the risk appetite, governance and regulatory requirements
- Leads, develops and implements processes to deliver Group Risk policy, oversight and assurance, aligned to own area and agreeing remediation plans as necessary
- Prepares and interprets, with insight and information from multiple sources, recommendations for action, which also provide a basis for delivering challenging guidance and advice to influence decisions and behaviours in assigned business areas
- Develops a network of external advisers and practitioners to advise LBG of the implications of best practice ensuring legal, regulatory and professional compliance
Analyse, investigate and evaluate risk, develop recommendations and challenge and advise areas of the business to ensure risks are understood, mitigated and controlled.
- Oversee the management of the production/delivery of data analysis and insight to support a range of risk management processes
- Working collaboratively across COO Business Risk to drive maximum benefit and awareness through analysis and insight
- Pro-actively manage data to enable performance to be tracked and improved
- Use data to identify themes and trends and deliver a 'story' with data
- Explore and encourage new technologies to drive efficiencies
- Brings passion for our values of putting customers first, keeping it simple, and making a difference together
- You'll loves problem solving and challenging the status quo with innovative ideas
- Is a highly motivated self-starter
- Builds strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders
- You're someone who communicates with confidence and influence
- And who is a real team player
What do you get in return?
In addition to the salary quoted the position also offers:
- Car / Car allowance
- Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- A flex benefits cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle (4% on top of your basic salary)
- Private health cover
- Access to share schemes
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy our dedication to your on-going personal and professional development. Here, you'll grow as a person and develop your career. As a valued member of our team, we'll support to grow and advance you through excellent training and progression opportunities. Our customers' experience and success starts with yours.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.