Data and Platforms Project Manager
Data and Platforms Project Manager
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx. Faced with the challenge of climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That’s why our purpose is ‘to make sustainable living commonplace”
This role sits within the Food and Refreshment division with the key focus being on the Away from Home part of the business. This is a dynamic and exciting market that involves working with customers ranging from Michelin star restaurants, convenience stores, leisure, hotels, through to pub chefs and workplace, school or hospital caterers - as well as the wholesalers and cash and carries who service the out of home industry. Unilever Away from Home is ambitious for growth and for the right individuals, we offer great development opportunities, both within the local business and beyond.
This role will play an instrumental part of doubling the size of the Away from home business over the next 5 years. Providing the business with right data and platforms to enable the teams to focus on targeting the right customers with the right products. We will build one single customer view inclusive of all categories (food, ice cream, cleaning) and capture all interactions, all touch points and conversations in one place. Alongside developing digital tools to drive engagement across a significantly large OOH contact base.
The role is based in our UK & Ireland Head Office in Leatherhead. Located in the Surrey countryside, our office is home to a restaurant, a deli bar, a gym, a hair salon and a free Ben & Jerry’s bar to indulge in a tasty treat. You could be enjoying your lunch on our beautiful terrace in the summer, getting your hair trimmed, or letting off some steam in a personal training session! You can also find a subsidised shop offering a selection of our Unilever products.
The current way of working amongst most of our OOH competitors relies on traditional methods of driving sales and communications through a push/pull style visited sales approach. AFH UKI strongly believes that CRM, data, Ecomm, digital and voice communication offers a huge opportunity to accelerate exponentially with our future growth depending on contact strategies driven by data insight to reach operators. CRM and digital is the strategic driver of our ambition to have an engaging and buying relationship with more of our target customers through means other than our sales force. The Data and Platforms team is critical in driving this agenda.
The Away from Home Data and Platforms project manager sits within the data & platform team. Reporting to the Data & Platforms Manager, this role is responsible for delivering the UKI ecomm B2B platform strategy along with managing and rolling out of all other required B2B tools to support sales and marketing. Whilst CRM and data lake sit outside of this role all system will need to be integrated and cannot be standalone.
You will primarily work closely with the data team, operator marketing and CD teams, as well as the global AFH and ecommerce teams.
Within the platforms, you will be responsible for managing any development and migration of eCommerce platforms to potentially build and launch and new combined AFH eCommerce model. There will be occasions whereby you will need to support your team with other projects depending on business needs as required.
This is an exciting role where you will be leading on AFH projects relating to change and transformation, enabling technology to gain strategic benefit. Taking on overall responsibility for AFH ecommerce marketplace, customer portal and B2B communication tools whilst looking into new propositions that align to with our strategy.
- You'll also be responsible for delivering against projects and will be a great communicator and highly organised.
- You'll use your analytical skills and attention to detail to be able to get under the skin of the metrics and really understand the business
- Lead on all aspects of the business case creation for each new proposals and gain buy-in from the appropriate stakeholders
- Own the project development pipeline including the order of priority and alignment to the objectives, key requirements for any build projects
- Provide expertise and leadership on key strategic business projects where appropriate and actively be the voice of the customer/B2B AFH businesses within these
- Playing an active role in ensuring data is secured from all wholesaler in order to support each project and ongoing customer developments
- Working on multiple workstreams either as part of a team or independently
- Collaborate with users, key stakeholders, and project team to identify, analyse, and design features and processes
- Create and maintain appropriately detailed documentation on processes so that they are clearly understood by the business and other teams
- Work closely with IT and Legal on all security and GDPR requirements
- Perform information / data analysis and provide recommendations to LT, sales and marketing on opportunities
- Ensure reporting on these tools / campaigns is made widely available to the business
- Communicate findings and conclusions effectively to senior business stakeholders through face to face presentations and summarised reports.
- Monitor and improve conversion results of data driven campaigns and optimize.
- Continue to look for improvements on how we can enrich our customer data
- Managing ongoing maintenance of data from these systems
- Managing the relationship between Global and all IT providers on new requirements and future changes:
- Working collaboratively across multiple countries and briefing global lead workstreams on future developments
- Managing the integration between different systems, different functions and continually testing data is flowing correctly in order to have one single customer view
ALL ABOUT YOU
- You will be highly commercial with a strategic approach and demonstrable success in driving revenue.
- A strong drive for results, someone who makes a difference, a self-starter with a can-do attitude.
- Able to communicate to different audiences across local and global teams on this complex area.
- Demonstrated ability in using data to drive business while communicating simply.
- Proven passion for customer data, CRM, and working with & analysing large amounts of data.
- Excellent understanding of data governance GDPR
- Excellent project management and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong understanding of B2B wholesaler data
- Strong communication skills and capability to be data thought leader.
- Team player that can work cross-functional (both with marketing- and sales departments).
- Fluent English communication skills, verbal & written.
- Proven track record within project management, finance and CRM systems
- Advanced Excel and Powerpoint Skills
- Working in cross-functional local and global teams
- Experience with data visualization and dashboard tools as PowerBi.
- Knowledge of Marketo and Magento.
WHAT WE OFFER
Not only do we offer a competitive salary, but also our pension scheme, an annual bonus, a free gym, a staff shop and shares. You’ll get the opportunity to work directly with our renowned and exciting brands in a flexible and agile environment. We strive to achieve a family-friendly culture and to, above all, create possibilities for all.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.