Citizens Advice offers confidential advice online, over the phone, and in person, for free. Through our national network of charities, we give people the knowledge and the confidence they need to find their way forward – whoever they are, and whatever their problem.
We’re looking for an experienced Data Architect to take a leading role in defining our organisational data architecture. You will be involved in the day to day work of the Data team, and you will also be helping our “Future of Support” transformation team as they develop a new portfolio of products to support our local network-facing service teams and our 30,000 volunteers and staff across the local network. We are working to make our services more effective, easier to manage and more cost effective, all to help make a difference in the lives of millions of people every year.
This is a new role that will report to the Head of Data Science. You will:
● Play a leading role in defining a new data architecture for the organisation, intended to inform decision making, operational processes and product development across the organisation.
● Define and own principles, policies and procedures.
● Help shape the vision for our future portfolio of products, providing expert input to strategic decision making.
● Provide detailed designs and models to product teams engaged in working on existing and new products, including data integration.
● Provide expert advice on data technology, analytics, design, governance and migration.
● Establish best practice data governance and provide flexible and informed oversight to data users and developers.
● Champion open, agile and iterative ways of working.
● Engage with stakeholders across the business, particularly the Customer Journey and Technology teams and the Future of Support programme.
We’re looking for someone that:
● Wants to work at a mission-driven organisation that helps tens of millions of people across the UK every year.
● Has a passion for data and understands the role that architecture plays in supporting an organisation to deliver great user-focused products and services.
● Has proven ability developing data architecture models and supporting their implementation across multiple areas of business and information systems.
● Has experience of developing data models collaboratively and iteratively with subject matter and domain experts.
● Has strong analytical thinking and the ability to acquire a good understanding of a problem by breaking it down systematically and identifying the relationships between component parts.
● Works in an open, agile and iterative way, as part of a multidisciplinary team.
We particularly welcome applications from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as BAME and disabled people are currently under-represented throughout Citizens Advice. We are a member of the race equality campaign at Business in the Community, the Prince’s responsible business network and are committed to improving employment opportunities for ethnic minorities across the UK. We also welcome applications from, LGB and Trans and non binary candidates.
We have made a positive commitment to employing disabled people and guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role as set out in role profiles.
Please note, in the event of a high number of applications, we reserve the right to close the application early.