Data Scientist I
Data Science Rotational Programme (Full Time Contract)
Dublin, Ireland (Flexible working post COVID-19)
LexisNexis® Risk Solutions Group is a portfolio of brands that span multiple industries providing customers with innovative technologies, information-based analytics and decision tools and data services that help businesses and governmental entities reduce risk and improve decisions to benefit people around the globe. Headquartered in metro Atlanta, Georgia, we have offices throughout the world and are part of RELX (LSE: REL/NYSE: RELX), a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a FTSE 100 company as a data scientist that offers excellent benefits, a good work/ life balance and affording terrific career prospects. The Data Science Rotational Programme will last 18 months and upon completion you will move full time into one of our core data science teams. The rotational aspect of the programme will allow you to work across various sub teams including motor, home, vehicle build & telematics. The position is based out of our Dublin office on Harcourt Street. LexisNexis are transitioning to a hybrid work environment with the option to work from home 2-3 days a week.
The role within the Data Science Rotational Programme (DSRP) will be to conduct statistical analysis, create insights and build predictive models for a variety of performance outcomes, such as risk of claims, cancellation and fraud. You will work with a team of other data scientists and should be comfortable working in a collaborative environment, as well as working independently and taking initiative.
For more information, please visit risk.lexisnexis.com/group and www.relx.com.
Why Work For Us:
- Opportunity to join and learn from a team of experienced data scientists who are driving innovation & disruptors within the insuretech space
- Gain knowledge and experience in the insurance industry
- Opportunity to be involved in all life stages of a project from ideation to delivery
- Work with a variety of datasets to extract real value
- Further develop and build upon your skillsets through working on projects that have an impact
- Work closely with your mentor to improve your coding/analytic skills, domain knowledge and gain a strong knowledge of our current processes
- Analyse insurance and policy data on an array of projects
- Conduct statistical analysis and apply machine learning algorithms
- Present analysis and findings to internal and external stakeholders
- 2+ years of experience using Python, R or similar software package (includes undergraduate experience).
- A firm understanding of data manipulation, statistical methods and modelling techniques.
- Experience data pre-processing, creating insights and modelling (includes undergraduate experience).
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis methodologies such as GLMs, Decision Trees, PCA, etc.
- Basic knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Excited about analysing data and eager to improve
- Ability to work independently
- High attention to detail
- Strong ability to learn quickly and communicate effectively.
Nice to Have (though not required):
- Basics of git, SQL
- A link to a git repo or similar of packages or projects that you have worked on
- Reporting in Rmarkdown/ jupyter notebooks
- Knowledge of the insurance industry
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, physics, economics or equivalent quantitative methods, MSc in similar field an advantage.