Decision Support Financial Analyst - ITV Finance CoE (BritBox/On Demand/Commercial)
.Decision Support Financial Analyst - ITV Finance CoE x3
Business areas - On-Demand/Commercial/Britbox
Manchester - Currently Remote Working
ITV is More Than TV...
Our vision is to be More than TV, building upon ITV’s unique and winning combination of creativity and commercial strength, driven by investment in data and technology. ITV’s newly formed Media and Entertainment Division (M&E) consists of two business units – Broadcast and On-Demand – which collectively comprises over half of ITV’s total business today (from both a revenue and profit perspective). This new structure means we’re shaped for success, we can drive digital viewing, faster decision making, more innovation as we become a digitally led entertainment and media company.
Why ITV and this role....
Our Finance roles touch every element of our business and how we service our Media and Entertainment world and that’s why we’re excited to announce that we are looking for 3 new Decision Support Analysts - On Demand/Commercial/ Britbox to join us. Our new Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Centre of Excellence (CoE), based in Manchester will provide direct support and a dedicated point of contact to the Finance Business Partners and partnering with them to make the right business decisions quicker, using great insight and reliable data to enable company growth.
The purpose of this role is to deliver financial analysis and decision support, including planning, budgeting and forecasting. This includes delivering KPI reporting, month end management and ad-hoc analysis as required.
- Completion of business plans, budgets and forecasts
- Work with the Decision Support team to prepare and provide information, analysis and insights to Finance Business Partners, to support financial, operational, and strategic decisions
- Capture risks and opportunities to improve EBITA for the business
- Update process flows, operating manuals, training guides, and standard operating procedures as needed
- Support with any ad-hoc data analysis requests e.g. investment appraisals, business cases
- Implement new reporting requirements and any improvements or changes as required by Decision Support Manager
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives; and measure and realise sustainable benefits
The successful candidate will have the following key skills:-
- Fully Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills and familiarity with accounting and financial concepts
- Knowledge of and experience with the analysis and reporting of financial and operational data, including the ability to gather, compile, and evaluate data from multiple sources
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders in a clear and concise manner, and to lead discussions with key stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- Strong Excel skills with ability to create and use advanced formulae & pivot tables
- Ability to meet the rigorous deadlines and to multitask and prioritise responsibilities
- Ability to work at both a detailed and high level i.e. detailed level required when understanding business drivers behind numbers and reports versus the ability to understand the audience of Central Services reports and analysis and create information at a meaningful, relevant high level required for senior management
- Experience working within a large matrix commercial organisation is preferable
- Strong understanding of the business areas supported
- High standard of computer literacy with strong Excel and Powerpoint skills a must with Hyperion experience preferable.
Closing Date: Monday 8th March
We want to be the most flexible employer in Media. So we’re introducing Smart Working.
Smart Working will mean different things for different people and teams. Whatever your preference, we will support you to ensure we provide you the right environment/work/life balance. http://www.itvjobs.com/why-join-us/benefits/
ITV strongly encourages applications for this role from candidates with a disability and as a Disability Confident Leader, we have committed to interview all candidates with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the role. (minimum criteria is highlighted in bold)
We reach millions of people everyday, that’s why having diverse talents and being an organisation where colleagues feel included is crucial to us. We have various networks who celebrate and support our colleagues. We try to embed an inclusive mindset in everything we do. Find out more here
ITV, where creativity, diversity and collaboration put us right at the heart of popular culture."