Decision Support Financial Manager - ITV Finance
Decision Support Financial Manager - ITV Finance
Manchester - Currently Remote Working
ITV is More Than TV...
Our vision is to be More than TV, building upon ITV’s unique and winning combination of creativity and commercial strength, driven by investment in data and technology. ITV’s newly formed Media and Entertainment Division (M&E) consists of two business units – Broadcast and On-Demand – which collectively comprises over half of ITV’s total business today (from both a revenue and profit perspective). This new structure means we’re shaped for success, we can drive digital viewing, faster decision making, more innovation as we become a digitally led entertainment and media company.
Why ITV and this role....
Our Finance roles touch every element of our business and how we service our Media and Entertainment world and that’s why we’re excited to announce that we are looking for a Decision Support Manager to join us. Our new Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Centre of Excellence (CoE), based in Manchester will provide direct support and a dedicated point of contact to the Finance Business Partners and partnering with them to make the right business decisions quicker, using great insight and reliable data to enable company growth.
The purpose of this role is to manage the Decision Support team within the CoE, coordinating and delivering high quality reporting, budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis to the Business Partners and Finance Directors. Drive team to develop a solid understanding of the underlying business it supports with a view to providing analysis that is both insightful and actionable. Build and develop analytical toolkit using modelling, scenario planning and dashboards.
- Build and maintain strong relationship with Business Partners to understand key drivers of the business and tailor support to meet business needs/goals
- Lead the Decision Support team
- Work with the FDs to develop performance KPIs and processes
- Oversee the development of business plans, budgets and forecasts
- Oversee production of insightful reporting and analysis to support business related commercial decisions
- Oversee investment appraisals required to support business related investment decisions
- Identify and communicate business specific risks and opportunities to improve EBITA for the business with associated mitigation plans
- Track performance of the team and service levels though formal metrics and SLAs
- Own updates to Standard Operating Procedures, policies, desktop manuals and lead process improvement initiatives within the CoE
- Support the strategic direction defined by the Head of the CoE
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives; and measure and realise sustainable benefits
- Develop & implement standardisation of processes & reporting metrics to align w/ wider business requirements
- Create and build on the high performance culture – continue to promote the teamwork environment, setting stretching performance goals, monitoring progress and taking corrective action when required
The successful candidate will have the following key skills:-
- Fully Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) - 3+ years PQE
- Strong Commercial/FP&A track record
- Experience leading and coordinating teams
- Strong analytical mindset - drive insight from numbers and data for key decision making
- Strong Excel skills with ability to create and use advanced formulae, pivot tables and dashboards
- Experience working within a large matrix commercial organisation
- Commercially astute with an inquisitive nature and desire to understand drivers behind the numbers and reports
- Ability to present technical information to non technical audiences
- A passion for leading teams through change & developing senior accounting professionals
- Excellent stakeholder management and presentation skills
- High standard of computer literacy with strong Excel and Powerpoint skills a must with Hyperion experience preferable.
Closing Date: Monday 8th March
We want to be the most flexible employer in Media. So we’re introducing Smart Working.
Smart Working will mean different things for different people and teams. Whatever your preference, we will support you to ensure we provide you the right environment/work/life balance. http://www.itvjobs.com/why-join-us/benefits/
ITV strongly encourages applications for this role from candidates with a disability and as a Disability Confident Leader, we have committed to interview all candidates with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the role. (minimum criteria is highlighted in bold)
We reach millions of people everyday, that’s why having diverse talents and being an organisation where colleagues feel included is crucial to us. We have various networks who celebrate and support our colleagues. We try to embed an inclusive mindset in everything we do. Find out more here
ITV, where creativity, diversity and collaboration put us right at the heart of popular culture.