E.ON is a global provider of specialised energy solutions. We operate one of the largest streetlight contracting businesses in the UK, with a large presence in the Midlands and the North West. Here we work closely with our clients to identify their needs and deliver customer focused products and services. Utilising our multi skilled teams with the assistance of smart technology we develop solutions to help clients manage the growing urbanisation in their cities and communities.
Right now, we’re looking for a Depot Manager to join our team based in Barnsley, South Yorkshire. Here you’ll be responsible for leading the Depot teams, including both professional and field teams, to deliver a portfolio of projects requiring the installation of electrical networks and connections to domestic, commercial, highway and street lighting installations. You will take overall ownership of work prioritisation and resource activities on a day to day basis to achieve the efficient and effective delivery of projects.
A key part of this role is developing and supporting working relationships with a wide range of organisations including suppliers, consultants, utility companies and customers. Not only will you build and maintain strong relationships with key customers, ensuring the customer service and guarantees of service requirements are met, you’ll also take personal responsibility for the resolution of customer enquiries, complaints and claims. You’ll also be tasked with identifying opportunities to grow revenues from both existing and new customers.
Of course, safety is paramount. You will be responsible for ensuring the health, safety and quality standards by internal staff and external service providers are never compromised and any issues are recognised and addressed to deliver the vision of zero accidents. We’re looking for someone who can support an environment that promotes continuous improvement and the development of high performing teams.
- A relevant engineering or business qualification, e.g. ONC, HNC in electrical engineering.
- Experience in a commercial environment, with a track record of developing key customer relationships and delivering electrical distribution network projects.
- Proven track record of delivering targets in a competitive environment.
- Knowledge and experience of managing the engagement of contractors including assessing competence to deliver the services and activities associated with Highways Lighting and electrical infrastructure connections.
It would be great if you had
- An understanding of the key issues & challenges relating to delivering electrical new connections.
- Knowledge and experience of electrical distribution and an engineering background, preferably with previous experience with a Distribution Network Operator (DNO), Independent Distribution Network Operator (IDNO) and/or an Independent Connections Provider (ICP).
- A working knowledge of street lighting specification and installation activities.
- Numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and information and produce it in a clear and logical format.
- Financial and commercial awareness with the ability to communicate these to others to ensure that commercial implications of actions are recognised and understood.
- The ability to self-motivate as an individual and at team level with a pro-active and creative approach to problem solving.
- Oral and written communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to take a confident and diplomatic approach with staff, colleagues and customers.