Design Engineer & Technical Draughtsperson
Role: Design Engineer & Technical Draughtsperson
Location: Gloucester GL4 3BW
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience plus generous benefits package
Hours: Full time, days based, Monday – Friday
Working within our projects engineering team, as the factory Design Engineer & Technical Draftsperson, you will be responsible for maintaining all current site drawings, amending and providing new technical drawings for site modifications and installation and assisting project engineering in designing new installations.
- Responsible for all mechanical, electrical and pipeline service layouts for new production lines and product derivatives
- You will look after the design and detail of special purpose machinery, inclusive of stress calculations
- Ergonomically correct schemes to reduce downtime and noise levels
- Evaluation and correction of erroneous layouts from external sources
- Electrical layouts and system design
- CAD and Drawing Management system to ensure the most efficient use of resource and effective service to our customers.
- You will have proven 2D/3D Draughting experience
- You are a confident communicator, you can articulate problems, come up with solutions and share these options clearly and succinctly
- You have worked in a FMCG or Industrial environment
- You have experience in all or some of the following software: SolidWorks 3D, MicroStation 2D, AutoCad 2D /3D, Corel Draw and MS Office
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx. Faced with the challenge of climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That’s why our purpose is ‘to make sustainable living commonplace.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity