Design Process Manager HS2
Reporting to the SCS Head of Design, you will be responsible for managing the definition, implementation and continuous improvement of the processes required to deliver the design for the HS2 Lot1 and Lot2 Main Works Civil Contracts. This will include defining and administering the required governance and implementing suitable means to track the progress of design elements through each process. These processes are instrumental in ensuring that the design is delivered to an acceptable standard of quality, in-line with commercial and program expectations, and with a consistent auditable approach across all areas and disciplines.
Working and interacting with the Area Design and Technical Leads and the Area Deliverable Controllers you will ensure that the correct processes are developed, mapped and briefed to all parties impacted. You will work ensure all deliverables are being implemented as per the agreed processes and suitable evidence of compliance are maintained by those responsible. You will program and chair the necessary governance steps and sign-off meetings. Processes that will be managed are of varying nature but will include managing change, design interfaces and interaction with third parties.
A deep understanding of all aspects of major project design, delivery and assurance is desirable to enable processes to be understood, mapped and administered correctly. This should include detailed knowledge of both Civil and MEP disciplines within the railway environment.
- Working with key stakeholders to develop and map processes integral to delivering discrete aspects of the works
- Work to harmonize processes into a common approach where existing differing processes exist
- Create and deliver the necessary training and roll out strategies for new processes
- Develop and administer the necessary governance to ensure processes are being followed.
- Program and chair the necessary gates within the process governance
- Assisting the Design Lead (s) in the review of design resources and outputs
- Internal liaison with the Design Management Team, Construction Team, QA team and Cost Control
- External liaison with HS2, Subcontractors / Suppliers and Stakeholders, close co-ordination with the Design Manager required
- Manage, mentor and develop junior team members where applicable
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Degree level qualification in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering or similar.
- Experience working in a similar capacity for a contractor on a major project is required
- Strong understanding of engineering principles
- Strong experience of creating and managing processes and governance
- Knowledge and understanding of construction contract law and forms of contract through experience and formal
- Extensive technical knowledge of construction techniques and best practices.
- Strong computer competence (MS Word, Excel, Document control system).
- Relevant CSCS card
- Training in Health & Safety and Environmental management
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at the interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role. Please note: Currently we are unable to offer sponsorship therefore all applicants are requested to ensure they can demonstrate their right to work in the UK.