Posted: 31 Mar 2019 Closes: 30 May 2019
The development centre is a purpose built, dedicated facility for formulation development, product remediation and clinical manufacture. With approximately 1500m2 of floor space, the development centre has great flexibility in capacity and capability, allowing many different dosage forms to be developed and manufactured.
Due to significant growth within the Development Centre we are looking to recruit highly - motivated and proactive Development Scientist to join our collaborative team.
About the role
You will provide analytical support for formulation development and commercial manufacturing activities on new and existing products. You will be testing and validating methods for raw materials, intermediates, finished products, medical devices, and cleaning samples.
• Develop standard new analytical methodology or techniques for the purposes of creating a new analytical method
• Raise and execute development & analytical protocols
• Write & follow written procedures to execute development or validation protocols as required
• Degree in chemistry, analytical chemistry (2ii or above) or equivalent
• Experienced in analytical science in a GMP R&D pharmaceutical environment.
• Thorough understanding of the GLP documentation requirements.
• Proven experience in a range of analytical techniques including HPLC, GC, dissolution testing
• Proven experience (at least 2 years) in a method development and formulation development
• Proven experience of timely delivery of high quality analytical projects
• Fully competent in MS office and associated analytical software
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent problem solving abilities.
What we offer
Above all, you can expect a safe, modern, friendly and collaborative working environment. We regularly benchmark ourselves against our industry and we are confident that we offer a competitive salary and benefits packages to all our colleagues.
• Competitive base salary
• 27 days plus statutory holidays
• A defined contribution company pension scheme
• Life assurance (equivalent to four times your salary)
• Cycle-to-work scheme
• All-employee share incentive scheme
We want to provide an environment where our colleagues play an active part in the growth of our business. A challenging but supportive environment where talented people can really grow and take advantage of a wide range of diverse opportunities that we offer.
We are a leading pharmaceutical CDMO that delivers the high-quality active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) and finished dose formulation development and manufacturing services the industry demands.
Our state-of-the-art facilities are home to around 1,300 colleagues across six development, manufacturing and operational sites in the UK, Germany and Italy. We are particularly proud of the diverse workforce that we have built. It is this healthy mix of experienced pharmaceutical professionals and ambitious talent that helps us deliver on our business promises of expertise and innovation.