DevOps Engineer - ICIS - Bishopsgate
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented DevOps / Systems Engineer to join one of our highly successful flagship businesses, working in an agile and rapidly expanding global environment. You will join a team engaged in delivering high performance data services to the petrochemical and energy industries.
The successful candidate will need to hit the ground running, with a proven track record in either systems/software engineering or DevOps and have a clear idea of what skills need to be gained to be truly effective in this role. This position performs research, design, and systems engineering assignments as well as promoting automation and DevOps culture.
You will actively participate with an existing group of Systems Engineers, Developers, Architects and Analysts to design, develop, implement, and optimise a complete end-to-end DevOps solution that transforms the organisation at the enterprise level. You will ensure the continuous improvement of existing products and processes and build infrastructure for new products and applications. With your contribution, platforms are scalable and autonomous, releases go live without any downtime, and platforms are secure.
- Designing and developing scripts/tools for Continuous Integration and Deployments. Designing and developing automation templates/tools for infrastructure provisioning, configuration & change management.
- Building and deploying web applications to dev/test/prod environments.
- Automating configuration management, infrastructure, and application deployments in a toolset such as Puppet and TeamCity or Gitlab / GitHub
- Own, manage and improve our release process. Focus on scale and efficiency.
- Work with Technical Support, Operations, Data Science and Product Development groups to drive the most optimal solutions.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of major system components in completing assigned tasks (i.e., storage systems, Linux kernel, UNIX kernel, UNIX file system, and Windows infrastructure).
- Configure controls; install or troubleshoot programs within multiple system environments.
- Programming / Scripting (PowerShell, Bash, or Python)
- Knowledge of Operating Systems including Windows, Linux/UNIX
- Automated build and deployments with Git/TeamCity/Jenkins/etc.
- Good knowledge of enterprise level networking (TCP/IP, VPNs, SFTP, Proxy, Firewalls)
- Understanding of Services Oriented Architectures and how it relates to business requirements.
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Hands on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud providers
- Knowledge of virtual server environments
- Data Science experience
- MarkLogic or other NoSql database experience
We're a superb company to work for, with great people, world class technology, market leading products, a culture of innovation and collaboration, and superb career prospects.
At LexisNexis Risk Solutions, we believe in the power of data and advanced analytics for better risk management. With over 40 years of expertise, we are the trusted data analytics provider for organizations seeking actionable insights to manage risks and improve results while upholding the highest standards for security and privacy. Headquartered in metro Atlanta, LexisNexis Risk Solutions serves customers in more than 100 countries and is part of FTS 100, RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries.
LexisNexis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.