Digital Media Manager
Bain & Company is the management consulting firm that the world’s business leaders come to when they want results. Bain advises clients on strategy, operations, information technology, organization, private equity, digital transformation and strategy, and mergers and acquisition, developing practical insights that clients act on and transferring skills that make change stick. The firm aligns its incentives with clients by linking its fees to their results. Bain clients have outperformed the stock market 4 to 1. Founded in 1973, Bain has 58 offices in 37 countries, and its deep expertise and client roster cross every industry and economic sector.
FRWD is a unique digital marketing consultancy with deep hands-on execution skills and experience. FRWD is designed to build client capability through a comprehensive approach to helping companies make the best marketing investments. To do so, FRWD extends client teams through co-location of top creative, media optimization, data science, and advertising technology teams to shorten test cycle time and leverage learnings to move forward. FRWD also acquires and trains talent for clients to create sustainable campaigns and drive continual improvement without further FRWD presence. FRWD was founded in Minneapolis and has grown a very successful hub in Bain’s London office. With the combined skills of Bain and FRWD, we are able to bridge the gap between brand, marketing, strategy and execution, trialing strategies in immediate real-life tests, while having the operating model and organizational design experience to scale the results throughout the organization.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
FRWD@Bain is looking for a marketing professional eager to take the next step in their career. Someone who enjoys and has successfully delivered business impact that clients value, and who will confidently handle all steps in creating and executing campaigns without thinking twice. Ideal candidates are ready to work within high-performing teams, and intrigued by a unique consulting model that has all the leading agency skills while not selling agency services in order to consult purely focused on the client’s needs.
This role is typically involved in accelerating client results through testing, learning and scaling what works. Project experiences will typically range from very focused media mix and optimisation to full transformations across the marketing mix - strategy and audience segmentation, creative, analytics through to delivering results for great brands and clients.
FRWD@Bain work is based on deep and rigorous analysis and presenting actionable recommendations based on data and facts, not marketing trends. We work collaboratively with the clients and their agency and technology partners. Some of the key responsibilities are:
- Assessing opportunities by looking at existing client accounts to make recommendations prioritised by client business impact
- Managing campaigns across multiple paid media channels from forecasting, strategy and campaign development, to execution, optimisation, and measurement
- Generate insights that feed into overall marketing strategy and drive broader business impact
- Analyse the client’s data-driven marketing and biddable media strategy, setup, measurement and optimisation process to identify opportunities to drive better business impact
- Ability to determine the right KPI’s based on client goals, ranging from awareness to traffic to online and offline sales ROI
- Consult on new optimisation approaches, the application or automation and AI, ad-tech and innovation to drive further improvements
- Build trust with clients, Bain partners and teams as the digital commerce and marketing expert that solves tough business problems based on deep in-platform experience
- Stay cutting edge on innovation and developments within the industry; develop POVs and recommendations on a variety of topics to guide clients and partners
- 4-5+ years’ experience in digital performance marketing, biddable media
- You have proven yourself as a (digital) media expert. You bring deep hands-on keyboard experience to identify the opportunities and, if needed in the project, to implement them in agile tests
- Highly familiar with platforms including Facebook Ads Manager, Twitter Ads, Snapchat Ads, Google DV360
- Familiar with analytics platforms (e.g. Google Analytics)
- Certifications (one or more of): Google Ads; Facebook Blueprint, Amazon (e.g. Amazon Advertising)
- You are passionate about data-driven marketing and are able to translate your deep experience into comprehensible explanations to other specialists and to senior clients
- Experience across multiple industries, understanding industry-specific growth drivers but also different client cultures
- Experience working across markets and with international diverse teams
- Positive attitude, no matter what. You add energy to rooms and teams, help others see possibilities and clarity amidst uncertainty
- You have a well-developed understanding of marketing and digital commerce best practices
- You know great, good and poor when you see it, both in the numbers and the way the team is operating
- Proven track record of analysing biddable media campaigns, identify optimisation potential and deliver ROI improvement
- Passion for technology, marketing and its influence on consumer behavior
- Experience with driving innovation and launching media firsts is a plus
- European language skills preferred
- Willingness to travel and work from client’s office
WHAT MAKES US A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
We are proud to be consistently recognized as one of the world's best places to work, a champion of diversity and a model of social responsibility. We are currently ranked the #1 consulting firm on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work list, and we have maintained a spot in the top four on Glassdoor's list for the last 12 years. We believe that diversity, inclusion and collaboration is key to building extraordinary teams. We hire people with exceptional talents, abilities and potential, then create an environment where you can become the best version of yourself and thrive both professionally and personally. We are publicly recognized by external parties such as Fortune, Vault, Mogul, Working Mother, Glassdoor and the Human Rights Campaign for being a great place to work for diversity and inclusion, women, LGBTQ and parents.