Director of Ethics and Compliance
Director of Ethics & Compliance
London - Currently Remote Working
ITV is More Than TV...
Our vision is to be More than TV, building upon ITV’s unique and winning combination of creativity and commercial strength, driven by investment in data and technology. ITV’s newly formed Media and Entertainment Division (M&E) consists of two business units – Broadcast and On-Demand and this new structure means we’re shaped for success, we can drive digital viewing, faster decision making, more innovation as we become a digitally led entertainment and media company.
Why ITV and this role....
ITV is adapting its strategy to reflect the dynamic, global market for TV by being a digitally led entertainment and media company that creates and brings brilliant content to audiences, wherever, whenever and however they choose. As well as working within the production, broadcasting, commercial and online businesses, we have central group legal functions alongside our content compliance teams. Compliance, who are responsible for clearing all programmes before broadcast. Plus teams who deal with Data protection & Privacy, Policy & Regulatory Affairs, Rights Management, and more.
This role leads the Group’s compliance and ethics activities and reports to the General Counsel.
This role is an integral part of the future of ITV and will set the agenda and strategy for the Ethics and Compliance Programme together with the General Counsel, including driving the overall development of the Group Ethics and Compliance activities. It will lead and support the business on the implementation of the Ethics and Compliance Programme and work closely with other second line of defence teams including Risk, Legal, Finance, Cyber, Insurance and Data Privacy. This is to ensure there is a joined up approach to identifying,assessing and monitoring ethics and compliance risk across the global business.
- Ensure that any process and control gaps identified as part of ethics and compliance risk assessments are appropriately highlighted to and actioned by the business.
- Develop a robust ethics and compliance monitoring programme for [Anti-bribery and Corruption, Financial Crime, Fraud, Modern Slavery], which aligns to the broader ITV second line of defence monitoring approach
- Analyse and interrogate business data in order to identify potential areas of concern with respect to ethics and compliance
- Take accountability for developing proactive strategies and innovative processes for ensuring that all areas of the organisation have a comprehensive understanding of the obligations under statutes, regulations and internal policies
- Work with the Risk and Legal teams to systemise compliance reporting to the Management Board, Audit and Risk Committee and the Board, including reporting the status of the compliance activities and risks on a regular basis to these groups
- Serve as the subject matter expert accountable for ethics, integrity and compliance, acting as an advocate for ethics and compliance and supporting the Board in maintaining an ethical and compliant culture across all areas of the business
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate the following skills:
Minimum role criteria:
- Extensive experience in an ethics and compliance role in a similar sized business.
- Experienced in legal and compliance matters in a global context having worked as in house counsel, at a law firm or in a specialist consultancy/professional services firm in order to understand the issues and drivers in a global business.
- Experience in developing and operating ethics and compliance programmes for an international business
ITV strongly encourages applications for this role from candidates with a disability and as a Disability Confident Leader, we have committed to interview all candidates with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the role. (minimum criteria above)
The Key role criteria is as follows:
- Experience in using data analytics to monitor compliance risks
- Experience in implementing technology to help enable compliance programmes prefered
- Be knowledgeable and skilled in all or some of the legal areas covered by the Compliance Programs
- Have a good understanding of risk management and controls
- Have strong leaderships skills and cultural awareness
- Have the ability to focus on the long-term compliance objectives while still delivering on short term or day-to-day issues that arise
- Have the managerial courage to identify and describe the ethical, compliance and other risks in the Group to the Board
We're happy to discuss any support/personalisation you may need during our application process as part of our reasonable adjustments approach. So we encourage you to get in touch with us if you require anything... our email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Find out more here
Closing Date - Friday 14th May
We want to be the most flexible employer in Media. So we’re introducing Smart Working.
Smart Working will mean different things for different people and teams. Whatever your preference, we will support you to ensure we provide you the right environment/work/life balance. http://www.itvjobs.com/why-join-us/benefits/
We reach millions of people everyday, that’s why having diverse talents and being an organisation where colleagues feel included is crucial to us. We have various networks who celebrate and support our colleagues. We try to embed an inclusive mindset in everything we do. Find out more here
ITV, where creativity, diversity and collaboration put us right at the heart of popular culture."