Drum Processing Lead - Henderson,CO (105974)
Responsible for leading a team that performs a variety of routine hazardous and non-hazardous waste tasks in the movement of solids and liquids. The tasks could include all types of manual labor in cleaning and decontamination operations, packing, re-packing, unloading and loading containers for processing at site or transportation to appropriate facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Load and unload various size containers (totes, drums, tankers, trailers. etc.)
· Construct boxes and/or fiber containers and stacks, labels, and loads containers.
· Use a variety of tools such as impact wrenches, shovels, jackhammers, etc.
· Transport hazardous waste materials from storage facilities within the facility as directed.
· Decontaminate and dispose of empty drums and/or containers according to RCRA and disposal guidelines.
· Assist in completing all necessary paperwork for processing materials to include transportation of materials to and from various locations.
· Use a variety of pumps and other equipment to transfer liquids.
· Perform general housekeeping duties.
· Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area.
· Inspection material handling equipment as directed.
· Assist in the loading/unloading of hazardous and non-hazardous waste materials at designated sites utilizing appropriate equipment for which you are appropriately trained.
· Train new employees.
· Plan process schedules for multiple shifts in department.
· Use G-Suite to manage duties and reports.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) preferred
- Prior work experience of 3 to 6 months in the hazardous waste or chemical industry in a related position with proficiency in handling forklifts and a variety of tools preferred
· 40-Hour HAZWOPER training preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Trained in the use of material handling equipment
- Strong team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Time management: the ability to organize and manage multiple deadlines
- Strong customer orientation
- Strong computational skills. Ability to communicate through reading and writing