This is a chance to build your career in an organisation that matters to millions. To join a city within a city – to create great experiences for the 210,000 (and counting) passengers who pass through our doors each day. Life with us means exploring unlimited opportunities. Making a real difference to people who are travelling to all sorts of places for all sorts of different reasons. And building a diverse community reflecting the passengers we serve.
As a Duty Engineer, you’ll help us to make every journey better. Especially because the work you do will touch on all aspects of Heathrow life – we're actively involved in everything from sanitation and signage to rail and roads. Whether you're helping to create an inviting and well-functioning environment in the terminal or you’re making sure everything is safe and secure airside, you'll keep our airport running smoothly 24/7. The scale of what we do is vast so even projects that seem relatively simple on the surface will test your skills and give you huge scope to make your mark. It’s an exciting place to be. You'll be doing work that you can take real pride in and feel genuinely passionate about as part of a close-knit, supportive team.
Join Heathrow and be an incredibly important part of the 80 million passenger journeys we make happen each year.
Your role will involve:
- Providing leadership and line management to a team of technicians, ensuring they are offering great quality and reliable service for Heathrow whilst also adhering to company policies
- Maintaining all business unit assets through the direct and contract labour resources by ensuring excellent ways of working
- Continuous improvement in asset performance, with dedicated management of our reporting systems
- Owning the reviews for processes and procedures to ensure ongoing compliance and recommendations for areas of improvements
- Leading our safety culture by taking responsibility for the management of Health & Safety, Quality & Environment for the respective business area
- Building and developing relationships with key internal and external partners and providing engineering support to the business unit, including representing the engineering teams at operations meetings
- Ensuring that the asset management practice is delivered at the highest standard within area of control, including working towards best whole life cost, collecting, collating and reporting on asset condition and identifying potential improvements to maintenance practice
We’re looking for people who have:
- City and Guilds level 3, ONC/HNC or above in an appropriate engineering discipline
- Experience in managing a team of skilled engineers or in a similar role
- Full UK driving license and ability to obtain and maintain airside driving licenses is desirable
As well as competitive salaries, we’re committed to providing a whole host of great benefits that make this an even more rewarding place to work. They include an excellent pension scheme, life assurance, access to private health insurance and a share in our success scheme. Not only that, when you get here, we’ll nurture your skills and do all we can to help you reach your full potential.
A career with us also means being part of an organisation that cares about the community. Our plan is to meet growing passenger demand in a sustainable way that creates a positive impact on our community – and the environment. That’s why, by 2030, we want at least half of all journeys to the airport to be made by public and sustainable transport. We have a range of initiatives designed to help people to get to and from work sustainably, from subsidised public transport through to car sharing and a Cycle to Work scheme.
Join us, and you’ll have everything you need to succeed and explore the countless career destinations that are available here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from a diverse range of individuals. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger – not least because we welcome passengers from all corners of the globe, every single day. At Heathrow we’re an accessible place to work, driven by inclusivity and celebrating individuality. For more information, please visit our diversity & inclusion page.