E.Comm Packaging Technologist
E.Comm Packaging Technologist
Work Level: 1C
Location: Port Sunlight, Leeds or Leatherhead
Globally Unilever has identified E.Commerce as one of the biggest strategic growth drivers for the business, with an ambition for the channel to contribute 30% of total Beauty and Personal Care turnover in the coming years. In response to the Global strategic priorities that have been set out, a new ground-breaking Beauty & Personal Care E.Commerce business unit is being created in the UKI MCO in early 2021. The director of this team is searching for a dedicated R&D resource to support and co-ordinate all R&D activities to deliver the E.Commerce innovation pipeline.
This role offers the chance to work in a fast-paced, exciting environment. The team will adopt an entrepreneurial, energetic, agile and start-up way of working to rapidly create E.Commerce portfolio for our key retailers.
As well as leading all relevant E.Commerce packaging development, you will develop strong links with wider category R&D teams and co-ordinate any other required development work.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- Play an integral part in delivering one of the key strategic priorities for the UKI MCO.
- Problem solve and trouble shoot packaging conundrums.
- Collaborate with category cluster R&D teams as well as partnering with a broad range of other functions.
Packaging workstream leader on e-comm projects, leading project through full end to end processes. Lead the primary and secondary packaging development for the e-comm projects ensuring robust, sustainable, and cost-effective solutions are selected. Work closely with strategic packaging supplier to understand their E.Comm ready packaging solutions currently available and their Roadmaps to move more designs into E.Comm-ready packaging. Responsible for all lab testing on the projects, especially E.Commerce for Amazon requirements (ISTA6A). Work closely with other functions such as Marketing, Procurement and Supply Chain; as well as category cluster R&D teams to create, develop and deliver product solutions. Ability to lead activities independently, acting as TPL for some of the e-comm projects. Work and communicate effectively with different categories, departments and functions to deliver against the project ambitions and network timings and identify and manage risks. Write packaging specifications ensuring they meet required standards.
ALL ABOUT YOU
You are a natural problem solver: the ability and passion to problem solve is essential!
You’re a great translator: Must be able to translate the consumer expectations into packaging that continue to delight and bring growth to the company
You love to win, and have fun doing it: A passion for success is a must. Detail orientated and able to manage multiple and/or complex projects
You have a special ability to connect people: you can connect people from different functions and have a great ability to talk about technical challenges in an easy engaging way
- Relevant experience in packaging development preferably on flexible, rigid, paper and board, gifting.
- Understand the design requirements for packaging solutions to be suitable for E.Commerce.
- Experienced in design and managing testing plans, lab testing, and report writing.
- Skilled and comfortable working in a digital environment
- A creative, logical, and analytical mind to generate innovative design solutions to technical design problems.
- Ability to respond quickly to change in priorities
- You will need to be enthusiastic and self-motivated with good verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate complex engineering and design principles to people at all levels of the business, across different functions.
Please apply online and add your PDP if possible. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and that you are at a point in your career with Unilever where it is appropriate for you to be applying for other positions.
Should you require additional information, please contact Recruiter Kelly on Kelly.Bishop@unilever.com