Electric Lite Vehicle Driver (Self Employed)
Posted: 25 May 2022 Closes: 24 Jun 2022
DPD is a member of DPDgroup, one of Europe's leading parcel delivery networks, and aims to be the most sustainable delivery company in the UK, with a turnover of over £2 billion. We also deliver the best service, use the best technology and recruit and retain the best people in the industry.
We are now seeking Electric Lite Vehicle Drivers to join our new electric fleet of vehicles at our Depot in Sheffieldas part of a franchise opportunity. No experience is needed!
Build a great career and do some good for the planet.
DPD has recently announced a new 25-25-25 vision: to deliver 100m parcels a year (25% of our volume) on all electric vehicles in 25 UK cities by 2025.
You'll be driving one of our brand new eco-friendly lite vehicles and doing your part for the environment whilst forging ahead with your plans to run your own business. Our electric lite vehicles will be brand new to the depot and utilise the latest technology to ensure you can carry as many deliveries and cover as many miles as conventional vehicles, but without the environmental impact.
What's in it for you?
- Expected earnings within your first year £25,000
- Service level related bonuses
- 1 week classroom and on the road training
- Uniform provided
- Fully branded and brand new vehicle with the latest handheld tech
- Opportunity to grow your franchise business
- Plenty of support to ensure you succeed
What you'll be doing
As an Electric Lite Driver, you will make multiple deliveries of parcels of all shapes and sizes throughout Sheffieldand the surrounding area.
- Make a number of deliveries and collections per day (and you'll be paid for both)
- Work a four to six-day rota per week to suit your lifestyle and depot volumes
- Take charge of your workload/be responsible for running your own business, tax, NI payments etc.
- Be responsible for loading and unloading your van at the depot
- Providing a safe and time-efficient delivery of customer goods
- Maintaining a high level of customer service at all times
To be considered as an Electric Lite Driver, you will need:
- To have held a full, valid UK driving licence for at least 12 months
- To be a conscientious and good driver
- To be able to provide us with compliance information such as DBS and DVLA check
- To enjoy being out on the road
- Good communication skills with a high level of customer service
- To be outgoing, determined and not afraid of hard work
- To enjoy an early start!
This role would also require the franchise owner to have a charge point fitted at their property so their lease vehicle can be charged overnight. This would mean that you would need to have a parking bay, garage, or driveway for us to be able to install.
This role would be suitable for an individual wishing to become a Delivery Driver, Electric Vehicle Driver, EV Driver, Multidrop Driver, Self-Employed Driver, or Courier Driver.
DPD are passionate about creating an environment that is open, ethical, inclusive and socially responsible. There is a culture of recognition and reward within DPD to include; long-service awards, a special recognition programme for those individuals that go above and beyond, and the DPD Personality of the Year award.
If successful you can look forward to the exciting prospect of joining an increasingly successful and expanding business, that through its constant innovation, has revolutionised the express parcel industry and continues to define its outlook for the future.
DPD is a Valuable 500 company and a Disability Confident Employer