Electrical Supervisor West
We have a great opportunity for an Electrical Supervisor to join our Direct Maintenance Team covering our West Neighbourhood
Title: Electrical Supervisor
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £38 - £42k depending on salary
Closing date: 9th December at 11pm
As part of an expanding electrical team, we have a vacancy for an experienced Electrical Supervisor who will have effective communication skills and have gained electrical experience and good knowledge within the social housing / domestic environment within our Direct Maintenance team. This role will cover the West L&Q patches including Slough, Uxbridge, West London, Reading and the surrounding areas.
· The ideal candidate will have had experience or held the position of ‘QS’ within an accredited scheme (such as NICEIC, ELECSA, ECA, etc.).
· Will be an experienced electrical tester and have good knowledge and understanding of Inspection, testing and verification of electrical installations & certification.
· Understand the Electricity at Work Regulations, current edition of BS 7671, and the Codes of Practice and guidance documents relevant to the range of electrical work under taken.
· You will have good knowledge and understanding of health & safety requirements
· Have experience and good working knowledge of a building and/or housing environment, particularly within social housing.
· The candidate should have experience and good understanding of national schedule of rates as well as a good understanding of budgets and cost effectiveness.
· You will be committed to delivering excellent customer service.
· Able to lead, manage and motivate others to deliver against defined objectives in a demanding customer facing environment, including the management of contracts and the relationship with sub-contractors.
· Effective communication (written and verbal) & influencing skills
The Requirements (Essential)
· Full driving Licence
· Level 3 Electrotechnical qualification (Equal to G&G 2360 Pt1&2, C&G 2365, C&G 2357)
· Level 3 Requirements for Electrical Installations BS7671:2018 (equal to C&G 2382-15, C&G2382 18)
· Level 3 Periodic Inspection & Testing diploma (Equal to C&G2391, C&G2395)
If you believe you have the qualities we are after and are interested in working for an organisation that can really make a difference to people’s lives, then please apply without delay.
At L&Q, people are at the heart of our business and our success depends on employing the best people and getting the best from them. This is why we are committed to developing our people. It's only by investing in a well-trained and motivated workforce that we can continue to prosper and sustain business success.
In addition to our support and training, the successful candidate will have access to our full suite of benefits including 26 days holiday rising to 31 days with length of service, annual bonus subject to group performance, excellent Pension scheme, Benenden Healthcare, an employee assistance programme and non-contributory life assurance.
We are committed to supporting your work-life balance and recognise the changing demands and circumstances in life. Please let us know during the recruitment process if you’re interested in part time working or job sharing. In addition, should your circumstances change once you have joined L&Q, you can also request flexible working arrangements, e.g. a change to working hours - if it’s feasible then we’ll make it happen.
We are recognised externally for our commitment to inclusion. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident (Committed) employer and have signed the Time to Change Employer Pledge to demonstrate our commitment to end mental health discrimination in the workplace.
We expect all of our employees to support our environmental policy and social responsibility work. We are an employer committed to environmental and social responsibility.