Emerald Works Financial Accountant (FTC)
Are you a strong Financial Accountant ready for your next challenge? We have a fixed term vacancy to cover a period of maternity leave in our group finance team, focussed on our corporate learning division.
Who are Emerald:
Emerald Group is a global learning organisation, with a presence in 130 countries worldwide. While its roots are in publishing, and bringing research to life, the Group's corporate learning division provides learners with the insight and tools they need to overcome challenges, improve performance and excel in the workplace.
Role & Team:
This is the ideal role to broaden your experience of financial reporting and business partnering, in a rapid growth ‘content-as-a-service’ business model. Emerald Works makes high quality leadership and management learning and development resources, serving both Enterprise and Consumer markets globally. In this role you’ll be responsible for leading the internal and external reporting for this division, producing MI for decision makers to inform business decisions and product strategy. You will have exposure to the senior team within a business that is developing new products, and are highly likely to be called on to assist with wider group projects. Based out of Bingley (West Yorkshire) but open to anyone in the UK through home-working, this role is likely to require occasional travel (Edinburgh, London area).
The role sits within the Group finance team (over 20 heads globally); we are a highly-regarded part of the business who take pride in the quality of our work, but we also place a lot of value on our team dynamic and regularly have team days/social events.
What You’ll Be Doing:
· Leading month end reporting to the business, including development of the P&L reporting to ensure it reflects commercial needs and providing support to product owners through the provision and interpretation of MI.
· Responsible for statutory audit and reporting for Emerald Works and two other small entities, including liaising with the external audit team.
· Supporting on the quarterly reforecasting process by partnering certain departments; acting as a business partner to the wider business, providing financial support to internal projects.
· Supporting the Tax Manager with the creation of Quarterly VAT returns and Corporation tax filings, and developing & reinforcing financial controls, both system and policy/procedure driven.
What We’re Looking For:
· Good analytical skills, a logical and systematic working approach with a proactive enthusiastic mindset.
· Strong communication skills with the ability to explain financial information in a clear manner to the wider business and work closely with those in non-financial roles.
· A good knowledge and understanding of accounting principles is essential - qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent).
· Strong excel skills which include the ability to sort and analyse large data sets through the use of pivot tables and key excel functions (including vlookups, sumifs, pivot tables)
· Good knowledge of accounting systems (Microsoft GP is preferable but not essential)
Behaviours & Attributes:
· A tenacious, proactive and personable individual with the ability to work collaboratively with a wide variety of people across other departments.
· Ability to work well under pressure within tight deadlines and remain effective.
· High standards of accuracy and precision.
What’s in It for You:
At Emerald, we value our people. Becoming a part of our team means you’ll join a trusting and flexible environment with numerous opportunities to progress your career, as well as access to professional development and the opportunity to learn new skills.
You’ll receive a wide range of benefits, such as flexible working and working from home, up to 20% performance bonus, 6% pension contribution, a generous holiday allowance, life assurance and various benefits aimed at supporting your wellbeing and work-life balance.
The Group itself is highly ambitious, we are always wanting to do more and improve. Whilst this role is based out of Bingley, West Yorkshire, it’s open to anyone in the UK. Flexible working will be considered and encouraged.