Employee Relations Adviser
The award-winning Met Office Headquarters in Exeter is home to the most amazing facilities and world-class employees who are impacting lives on a daily basis with their contributions to weather and climate services. Modern gym, sports clubs and societies, onsite parking, restaurant and cafe are just some of the benefits of working at the Met Office. Other benefits include:
- Annual Leave starting at 27.5 days (+ bank holidays).
- Flexible working hours available to promote work/life balance.
- A choice of pension schemes, so you can plan for your future.
Working closely with the business and wider HR Team, you will provide professional and pragmatic best practice advice on all employee relations matters, through handling a wide range employee relations casework, supporting HR Advisor's and Associates across HR to deliver our services, conducting reviews of policy and advice to ensure consistency and quality and support change management.
- Provide advice and guidance to managers on the full range of employment and employee relations matters.
- Promote and support early dispute resolution, partnering line managers in escalated matters, employment tribunals and grievance, bullying and harassment cases.
- Continually develop people-related policies and practices ensuring best practice in people management.
- Provide advice to managers and stakeholders on resourcing issues including managing redeployment and exit.
- Lead on or support HR change projects as required.
- Support business areas in initiating or responding to change.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience of working in an HR function at advisor level supporting managers with individual and team-based matters at MCIPD level, demonstrated through qualification or evidence of professional expertise in people management.
- Demonstratable knowledge of employment law with the ability to consider and evaluate people management matters, providing clear and simple business focussed solutions or recommendations from detailed HR and employment law expertise.
- Ability to co-ordinate and drive forward a variety of people management and change casework through excellent interpersonal and communication skills, building effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience of operating as a coach/mentor to managers and individual members of staff, constructively challenging where necessary.
- Experience of developing colleagues within an HR environment.
- Experience of working with Trade Unions.
Additional Supplementary Information:
This role is open to full time, part time or job share applicants. Whilst this temporary post with an end date of 30th November 2019, there is the potential for it to develop into a permanent position.
The role is nominally based at Exeter HQ and we will consider requests from applicants willing to work flexibly.
Key Dates: Closing date 05/05/2019 with interviews expected to be held during the week commencing 13/05/2019.
Please note that you will be notified if you are successful or unsuccessful.