Engineer Test Manager
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
You will be working in our CommandCentral Control Room team who devote their time to the mission-critical communications software platform.
The Testing Services Department is responsible for the design and delivery of test programmes including UAT & OAT within the public safety communication services (PSCS). The Engineering Test Manager (ETM) will work collaboratively with the end user organisation and internal MSI business units to design, plan and manage the delivery of the UAT/OAT in order to achieve customer acceptance of the E2E service. The ETM is required to work with a multi-discipline, multi-site programme team with responsibility for the UAT/OAT and customer acceptance of the product and services delivered.
• Reports to the Head of CommandCentral CRS.
• Peer Relationship:- Test engineers, developers and Product Managers.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Development of test strategy and approach.
• Required to do a fair amount of travelling to other sites and customers.
• Test planning including scheduling, resources, configuration and equipment to support the activities required to deliver testing within time, cost and quality constraints.
• Adherence to Motorola’s test policies, processes and standards.
• O&M of test environments for which responsibility is held, ensuring all test equipment is ready for use and any defects are rectified.
• Ensure readiness for customer witnessed test events.
• Timely delivery of quality test documentation and reporting including test plans, test cases, test scripts and test reports.
• To have a thorough understanding of customer requirements and the test basis to ensure contractual obligations are satisfied and customer acceptance is achieved smoothly.
• Management, co-ordination and execution of test activities to a level of quality expected by the public safety community.
• Manage local test schedules.
• Accurately record test results and any observations ensuring actions are fully documented.
• Lead on the investigation and resolution of test related and technical issues in coordination with colleagues and external suppliers.
• Ensure testing is conducted in the most efficient manner without compromising on quality and timescales and identify areas for improvements.
• Attend/chair technical/ test meetings both by conference and face-to-face with customers/suppliers at all levels, this includes TRRs and TRMs.
• Identify and escalate business/project/programme risks taking an proactive approach to mitigation and reduction.
• Lead on handover to delivery and/or in-life support.
• Manage trials and pilots.
• Mentor other team members.
• Provide integration support.
• Scope, plan, document, manage and conduct live test activities with end users.
• Direct and co-ordinate virtual teams on-site and manage local test schedules Management of local test teams and matrix management of virtual teams.
• Technical project management of test schedules and activities.
• Represent Motorola at customer and supplier meetings.
• Excellent written and verbal skills.
• Have a level of commercial awareness to enable assessment of impacts on the scope of the testing specified / requested.
• Building working relationships with suppliers and customers.
• Proven practical experience of engineering & customer testing in an telecommunications/IT environment.
• Proven practical experience of field testing mobile IP data and voice communications systems and fault diagnostics.
• Proven experience of building and establishing good working relationships with suppliers and customer to deliver solutions on large scale projects.
• Ability to make decisions and provide recommendations to senior management along with cost models to enable assessment of financial impacts.
• Must have the confidence to present to a large audience / senior management / customers.
• Must be comfortable to travel a fair amount for this role.
Academic and Technical Qualifications:
• ITSQB foundation.
• ITIL V3 foundation.
‘We are an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.’
CONNECT WITH A CAREER THAT MATTERS
We’re dedicated to designing and delivering the mission-critical
ecosystem our public safety & enterprise customers refer to as their
lifeline – mission-critical communications, software, video and services. Our drive for continuous innovation and partnership with our customers enables them to be ready – in the day-to-day moments, and in the moments that matter most.