Engineering Maintenance Manager
Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits package
Are you a highly experienced Engineering Maintenance Manager looking for a new challenge? A role which will fulfil your ambition to progress your career and provide you with the opportunity and autonomy to manage the technical team responsible for delivering maintenance activities for one of the largest ice cream manufacturers within the UK.
Then we would be interested in hearing from you…we are currently on the lookout for new talent to supplement our existing senior leadership team at our Gloucester site.
What would my key accountabilities include?
- Leading a team of up to 30 people, including engineers, line technicians and the spare parts control team.
- Repairs and maintenance budget holder for up to £2 million.
- Create and implement a short- and long-term strategy for reactive, preventive and predictive maintenance to ensure continuous improvement of line performance.
- Work collaboratively with the operations teams in order to develop, deploy and implement maintenance plans to continuously improve line efficiency and effectiveness.
- Coach and develop the team to ensure continuous improvement of technical and leadership skills across all levels.
- Introduce succession plans for the engineers to ensure the continuity of knowledge within the department e.g. apprentices, secondments.
What skills and experience do I need?
- Strong leadership experience demonstrating proven ability of developing and inspiring a maintenance/engineering team
- Previous experience operating within a dynamic manufacturing environment
- Multiskilled background with experience across both mechanical and electrical
- Experienced in the use of continuous improvement methodology e.g. World Class Manufacturing or Total Productive Maintenance (TPM).
- Broad knowledge and experience of electrical / mechanical engineering, maintenance and principles.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent technical and analytical skills.
- Strongly driven by a safety culture.
- Good understanding of financial concepts.
- Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical or Chemical Engineering
Please note: As part of the job application, you will be asked to complete a brief online application form. Completion of the form is required in order to be considered. Please allow yourself enough time to complete the application form as when filled out partially or not at all it may adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the form at once as you will be unable to return to it later.