Environmental, Health & Safety Coordinator (108798)
Posted: 19 Nov 2019 Closes: 6 Feb 2020
Environmental, Health & Safety Coordinator-108798
Responsible for administering designated environmental, health, and safety programs and related policies and procedures affecting the company’s existing environmental, health and safety issues. Acts in a liaison capacity with management personnel regarding interpretation of all policies and procedures pertaining to technical support and guidance on industrial hygiene, reactive and explosive, OHSA, substance abuse testing, accident prevention, etc. On an as needed basis assists in the training of emergency response techniques, safety management, risk assessment, etc. to maintain appropriate safety standards throughout the facility.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Extensive knowledge in environmental, health and safety methodologies required
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Suite
- Strong team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Time management: the ability to organize and manage multiple deadlines
- Strong customer orientation
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer programs pertaining to OHSA, medical surveillance, substance abuse testing to avoid potential liabilities to maintain a viable workforce at the facility.
- Coordinate worker’s compensation, accident, and injury management programs to determine adverse trends and administer meaningful productive standards resulting in cost effective operations.
- Administer industrial hygiene programs as well as modifying existing plans to meet the needs of the facility.
- Participates on improvement team pertaining to all environmental, health, and safety programs. Makes appropriate recommendations to facilitate the needs at various facilities.
- Provides training in environmental, site remediation, reactive chemical operations, emergency response, etc. as needed or requested by the facility.
- Provides appropriate research and analysis to support the development of existing and/or potential new EH&S policies as determined by facility management or required by federal, state, or local governmental agencies.
- Provides guidance to all levels of management within the facility regarding utilization of appropriate parties in conjunction with regulatory requirements and changes, if necessary
High School diploma or GED equivalent required
Associates degree in related field required
BS in Chemistry or related discipline preferred
2 to 4 years in the hazardous waste industry or related work experience preferred
2+ years in a problem-solving capacity preferred
40-hour HAZWOPER Certification
JobQuality/ Health / Safety / Environment Staff
Primary LocationUnited States-California-Azusa
Job PostingNov 19, 2019, 6:27:35 PM
Job TypeStandard - Contract length Non specified
Education Level Associates Degrees or equivalent