EU Senior Category Manager
As a Senior Category Manager, you will create and own the strategic relationship with suppliers and senior internal stakeholders while building collaboration within and across organizational boundaries. You will develop key sourcing activities, ensuring equipment and service availability to meet business goals while minimizing risk. You will be the trusted advisor in strategic sourcing and procurement initiatives. You will work side-by-side with your stakeholders to deliver the best end customer experience.
· Identify, develop and deliver long term sourcing strategies, direct key initiatives with cross-functional teams; direct the process of the category roadmap with senior leadership.
· Experienced in developing inventory strategies within a high volume product category.
· Guide commercial relationships with suppliers, with a principal objective of achieving optimal cost and performance;
· Supervise supplier performance management; including improving sustainability & social responsibility;
· Coordinate and collaborate with Global/local teams to deploy and handle the implementation of your defined strategies.
· Autonomy to innovate and deliver new approaches that impact the bottom and the top line;
· Grow in a fast-pace environment where every day is day one;
· Being surrounded by inspiring and diverse team members;
· Learn from people with a wide variety of professional backgrounds;
· Ability to develop new skills and opportunities through lateral, geographical or functional moves.
· Bachelor or Master’s degree
· You have extensive experience in strategic sourcing
· You earn the trust and respect of the team and build positive working relationships by consistently making good decisions, keeping commitments, treating others and their ideas with respect.
· You focus on the results that benefit the customer, whether directly or indirectly.
· You like taking a good idea and making it even bigger.
· You speak up when you see problems that sit outside of your area – and you don’t let go of them until they are resolved.
· You have the ability to make decisions wherever and whenever possible using the right level of data.
· You have a firm grasp of the details of your work in order to deeply discuss them.
· You simplify and always encourage others to innovate, changing inefficient or unnecessarily complex processes.
· You are recognized to hire & develop the best (if people management skills needed)
At Amazon, we ask a lot of our employees, which is why we give so much in return. In addition to an attractive compensation package, healthcare insurance and supplemental medical insurance, we’ll shower you with perks, including:
- International relocation package
- Supplementary medical insurance
- Life & disability insurance
- Supplementary pension plan
- Lunch vouchers
- Flexible work environment
- Luxembourg Education Support: Amazon provides new hires who have relocated to Luxembourg with a benefit that subsidizes the cost of international schools for their children to enable them to adapt to the local languages
- Public transportation or parking subsidy
- Free access to museums in Luxembourg
- Being involved in an international environment
On top of that, the Luxembourgish government provides the additional following benefits: Social Security, Birth and Kids Allowance, Governmental support to learn languages, Maternity & Paternity Leave …
Wants to know more about life in Luxembourg?