Europe Marketing Manager
Role Title: Europe Marketing Manager non oral care
Reports To: Europe Marketing Director
Location: UK (London, 100VE)
Direct Reports: 1 – Europe Digital Marketing Manager
Globally, Pharmacy represents 18% of the Health & Beauty Channel, with €13bn in sales and growing at 4% (CAGR ’12-’17). Pharmacy in Europe delivers half of the global channel value (€6bn). With a solid and fast-growing business in D&E markets, Unilever has a limited footprint in EU, entering this space is a strategic priority for BPC categories and will be done through a combination of organic designed-for-channel portfolio as well as M&A.
The Europe Pharmacy Marketing manager will manage the creation of all professional and consumer communication for all Pharma brands, except for the Oral Care. Also expected to build the future portfolio plans with global teams and influence the M&A list for the relevant categories.
- Pharmacy Unit: To manage the central team for consumer and professional marketing for Pharmacy. Phase One will focus on Top 3 markets France, Italy and Spain (50% EU Pharmacy TO) scaling the success model to whole of Europe (10 markets) by 2021, and other Global geographies in an expansion horizon of 2-3 years.
- Design and execution: To lead the execution of the marketing road map of the Pharmacy Channel, developing new portfolio through organic or influencing the category M&A approach, creating strong professional marketing program, precision marketing as well as strong digital communication & activation.
- Team: To work closely with the pharmacy professional and consumer marketing organisation structure and support the capability road map to ensure a highly specialised, expert, connected ‘one team’ Pharmacy community with an entrepreneurial culture that drives bias for action, speed and agility.
- Organization: To build strong relationships with professional community, global category teams, functional global / local teams and contribute to the wider country & BPC agenda.
- Category Strategy: Deployment of the Category strategy in the Pharmacy channel
- Channel Strategy: Transform our understanding of channel drivers through insight and establish Unilever as a lead market development partner.
- Precision marketing: build the marketing approach based on precision marketing and build the needed capability.
- Technology: Lead the Pharma digital agenda for consumers/shoppers, health professionals as a key strategic advantage for the Pharma unit, integrated in Unilever cloud.
- Key influencers: To build strong relationships with doctors, key opinion leaders and influencers in key markets.
- Insight &Business Management: To build highly efficient Pharmacy channel reporting and key processes, supporting data-driven insight and fast decision making
- Pharmacy channel expertise
- Consumer &Professional marketing experience
- Digital marketing experience
- Building teams and develop talent
- Leadership – ability to enable, envision, energise direct and indirect team – with different cultural backgrounds
- Drive for results
- Ability to build network across complex and matrixed organisation
- Embrace Unilever values
- Extensive European Pharmacy experience in a marketing role (E)
- Multi Country marketing roles (D)
- Experience in professional marketing (D)
- Experience in Marketing / Brand development (E)
- Passion for Categories, Trends and Innovations (E)
- Experience in integrating acquired business (D)
- Full P&L responsibility for EU Pharmacy: TO, GM & UOM Per country / category
- Share growth in key markets
- Business case delivery
- Global Category Teams
- CCBT leads (top markets)
- Agencies and partners
- Professional (dermatologists) communities
- Global and Local Supply Chain
- Global & Local finance team
- Other Pharmaceutical companies
Please note: As part of the job application, you will be asked to complete a brief online application form. Completion of the form is required in order to be considered. Please allow yourself enough time to complete the application form as when filled out partially or not at all it may adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the form at once as you will be unable to return to it later.