Looking for a role where you can be part of our Mental Health global programme? This programme is looking to improve outcomes for young people with anxiety and depression through research.
You will be responsible for
- To lead in developing and delivering the evidence & science strategy for the Mental Health Priority Area:
- Provide oversight to the Mental Health Priority Area's portfolio of science activities generating the evidence necessary for intervention development and policy change.
- Define short, medium and long-term goals for mental health research, including budget and wider resource management.
- Ensure the voice of lived experience is foundational to the evidence and science strategy and that the strategy embeds our ambitions to create a globally diverse and inclusive Super Science field.
- Work closely with others in the programme to develop and input into the Mental Health Priority Area's over-arching strategy and blueprint, developing their own evidence and science strategy in tandem.
- Ensure the delivery of ambitious and high-impact scientific activities is in line with the wider aims of the Mental Health Priority Area:
- Analyse science, humanities, industry and funding developments related to the Mental Health Priority Area so that the work remains relevant, timely and cutting edge.
- Be a source of expertise and advice for other stakeholders to enable them to recognise and respond to the evidence in mental health science.
- Identify common interests and shape opportunities for new partnerships, including funders, partner organisations, industry and members of the scientific community.
- Build effective relationships between the Mental Health Priority Area and other stakeholders, influencing stakeholder agendas to support our own.
- Identify common interests and shape opportunities for new partnership; including funders, partner organisations, industry and members of the scientific community.
- Represent Wellcome in relevant international forums including through meetings, workshops and media. Help develop an international presence for Wellcome in the global mental health sector.
- To recruit and manage a small team to define and deliver ambitious and rigorous projects that fulfil the science and evidence aims of the Mental Health Priority Area's strategic plan:
- Play an active leadership role in the Mental Health Priority Area's Senior Management team.
- Proactively collaborate with other teams in Wellcome (especially Data and Science) to recognise relevant developments that may have implications for the development of the Mental Health Priority Area
Experience & Skills
- Experience working within the Mental Health Science field (e.g. Psychiatry, Psychology, Neuroscience, Public Health, Cognitive Science, Social Science, Bioethics, Information Science, Data Science etc.) and demonstrable understanding of Mental Health Science and an interest and understanding of the many disciplines that come under the umbrella of mental health research.
- Experience of managing a successful team
- Experience of researching and helping formulate recommendations within a medium to large sized organisation.
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Wellcome. We are committed to cultivating a fair and healthy environment, where everyone can be themselves and thrive. We are happy to discuss flexible working options for all roles. We work to ensure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible to everyone. This includes making adjustments for people who have a disability or long-term condition. If you would like us to make adjustments during the application process, please contact us at .